Chapter 20 - Embers of the Ashes

We now continue off from last chapter as Calli was in the air before she set Amelia on top of a building far from the fight but is visible so Amelia can see it.

Amelia : You sure you can do this?

Calli : Well I don't think we can.

Amelia : *eyes widen* then why are you still fighting if you know for sure we can't win.

Calli : *sighs* We wait for someone to help us.

Amelia : But who can who can come to help us here where no one can get to.

Calli : Well all we have to do is make the Ancient ones get knocked out that someone can help. I know one person who is capable of this. Go for it Kiara *smiles*

Amelia didn't understand what Calli meant when she said to knock out the Ancient ones for a bit so she decided to look at the fight to understand what Calli meant.

We now change scene to the fight where gawr and Kiara are both in a rage fit for what the Ancient ones did. Kiara made the handle of her weapon shorten back into a sword as she was now sending a lot of flame slashes resembling a phoenix from on side while gawr on the other end was sending a massive pack of water sharks coming. Ina then made a a black circle that engulfs the attacks before teleporting it behind both Kiara and gawr sending their attacks toward them damaging them a lot.

gawr was on the floor as well as Kiara as they both were damaged from their own attacks. Ina then used her tentacles and pierced gawr making her revert back to gura so gawr can heal. Kiara barely dodged it with barely enough energy left in her. She struggled to stand up and faced Ina before summoning her shield meaning she's going in the defense for a bit.

Ina then summoned magic circles beside her that sends beams towards Kiara that she brought the shield up in front of her that formed a big fire shield before she swing her shield that sends the shield towards the beams.

It was clashing each other trying to overpower the other with Ina not moving much but was sending more power into her beams.

Kiara also was not struggling but started to struggle a bit when she even increased the power of her shield to keep up with the attack.

The attack both cancelled each other out for being casted too long. Then fire surrounded both Ina and Kiara leaving gura out so she won't get more hurt than she could.

Kiara : Ina come on we still have to get back to the others. If you're still there just try to fight it!

Ina stood still not wavering from Kiara's words. She gritted her teeth in worry that Ina could be too far gone but a slight amount of hope was there as she then got her sword and shield ready for the fight.

Kiara : Guess I gotta beat some sense into you.

She then got her sword above her shoulder as it start radiating heat and started to shine more as she then pointed it at Ina before it shot a laser aiming directly at Ina's arm where it got cut off clean in a flash.

Ina stepped back a bit from the force before regenerating her arm and charging straight at Kiara with her hands open wide ready to rip off Kiara where she then ripped off her head from her body. Kiara breathed one last time before her body then dropped dead. She was laying there lifeless and was not reviving herself for some reason. The flames died and it revealed Calli and gura with their weapons ready.

Calli : Kiara's down for the count we have to stall Ina before Kiara revives herself.

gura : Do you think shes having an emotional problem that could prevent her from reviving?