Chapter 10 by Juicyfruitedits

3:30 am Y/n POV:

I slowly wake up hearing beeping of Gaege's heart beat on the monitor, I reach for my phone and check the time 3:30am, I see Gabby and Eddie peacefully sleeping in the corner of the room cuddling. Grant asleep in the chair next to Gaege's hospital bed. I stand up and move the chair I've been using closer to his head, his bed slightly at a small angle. Still holding his hand I carefully run my fingers through his hair. Occasionally rubbing his cheek as well, I tear up a bit seeing him like this, I hate it, i know we all do.

I hear the ICU door slide open, I see his cardio Surgeon walk in.

(Ima use C for Cristina btw)

C: Sorry if I woke you, I'm just here to do my 30 minute round on him.

Y/n: Oh no you didn't wake me.

I see her walk over to Gaege grabbing her stethoscope and listening to Gaege's heart, after a minute she nods her head and turns to chart.

Out of nowhere Gaege starts to code. Out of my natural instinct I start CPR and Cristiana hits the code blue button. She takes over CPR and Gabby, Eddie, and Grant all wake up and watch as everyone piles in to try and bring him back. I run over to Eddie hugging him and crying.

30 seconds later I hear his heart beat again on the monitors. Everyone leaves but the surgeon.

C: I'm going to order a few scans with him coding again I want to make sure everything is fine and I'll be able to tell if a stitch came loose. I'm going to order a rush ultrasound right now.

I just cry harder into Eddie's chest, I hate this we all hate this, if anyone should be in that bed it should be me and not him.

Eddie: Thank you

The surgeon walks out and runs to get the ultrasound, I go back over to Gaege and get even closer, his right hand I hold tightly, Eddie grabbed his left, gabby next to Eddie and Grant by me.

Only 300 words but I owe y'all, very short chapter I'm so sorry but hopefully I can update sometime, I did get a computer so I can now do wattpad on it instead of struggling on my phone.