field trip, but add in some action

The only thing Bronte Richards was certain about in her life, was that she was different from a young age

Besides looking almost identical to her mom, blonde hair and an athletic build, she was told she got two things from her father: his blue eyes and his temper.

Starting fights and becoming easily angered were only two of the things that got Bronte in trouble.

Another would be the unordinary things she sees. Things only mentioned in myths. She tried to tell herself she knew they were real. They were calling to her.

Between four therapists, six schools, and at least ten guidance counselors, Bronte has always been told that what she saw was normal and that she just happened to have a creative imagination.

After being told that her whole life, she started to believe it...

Until she met a boy who told her everything she saw was real. He told her about every myth and legend known to mankind.

Bronte was relieved to know it wasn't just her imagination running wild.

The young boy sitting across the lunch table, who she soon learned was Cooper Davidson, was a physically troubled kid. He had fluffy brown hair and would stand at least 6 inches taller than Bronte when on his own two feet. The only thing keeping him shorter to the ground, would be the crutches he used to balance all of his weight on.

Cooper was easily picked on. That was a no brainer.

Kids stole his crutches, throwing them around and swinging them like a bat. He limped from time to time, trying to get them to stop, but it didn't work.

Bronte would grow angry at their actions and stand up for her friend, but that only made it worse.

A couple months into school, Bronte and Cooper saw two boys sitting at an empty lunch table. She overheard one of their discussions about a mythomagic card, which piqued the blonde's interest.

Cooper had shown her a card once or twice, but kept the talk mainly imaginative with stories. The brunette never failed to amaze Bronte with the stories he told, and part of her felt like he was telling them from experience.

As if he actually lived through it.

Bronte glanced over at the two boys and before thinking twice, she stood up from her seat and marched over to them.

The two boys stared at her bewildered, surprised that a girl actually wanted to talk to them.

"Nice card, what is it?" she asked.

"Uh," the boy with curly brown hair and a beanie replied. "A Minotaur."

Bronte's eyes grew as she rushed over and pulled up a chair for her to sit in. Next to her was a boy with raven hair and sea-green eyes.