"MATT THEY CAN FLY!"

(a/n: someone please tell me they understand the title 😭😭 )

The rest of dinner wasn't that eventful.

Bronte was constantly scolding kids for making fun of Tyson, telling them to eat shit or die.

One of those kids just happened to be Oscar, the kid she threw her mac and cheese at last summer, and just like the previous year, he didn't care what Bronte said.

She thought about throwing her pizza at him, imagining it smack dead center on his face, but knew that would only result in her running away again. As much as she knew she could stand up to him, Oscar had his allies. Bronte had Percy, Annabeth and Tyson.

The odds weren't in her favor.

So instead, she felt the electricity building up in her system. Her eyes glowed blue and some of her hair started to float in midair.

When she passed by him, she secretly held her hand out, watching as the sparks flew in his direction.

Oscar's hair stood straight up, his body twitching from electrocution. He glared at everyone, yelling, "Who did this?"

When he turned towards Bronte, she simply faced the other way, whistling as she walked towards her cabin.

Other kid's laughter could be heard as she left, making her smirk at her accomplishment.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Percy made it very clear that he was not ecstatic about Tyson moving into the Poseidon cabin. Every fifteen seconds he would giggle and say, "Percy is my brother?" like he'd just won the lottery.

Then there were the comments from the other campers. And as much as Percy didn't want to admit it, their words were getting to him.

"He's not my real brother!" he protested whenever Tyson wasn't around. "He's more like a half-brother on the monstrous side of the family. Like...a half-brother twice removed, or something."

Bronte never liked it when he went on those rants. She would always cross her arms over her chest, shaking her head as she walked away.

Percy would yell after her, wanting her to come back, but she never listened.

Annabeth suggested the three of them team up for the chariot race to take their minds off their problems. Even though Bronte didn't have anyone else to team up with, she would much rather pair with Oscar then listen to Percy complain.

She was beginning to decline the offer, when Percy stopped her and made the decision for her. Bronte was about to smack him for speaking for her, but when she saw the desperate look in his eyes, she sighed and reluctantly agreed.

One morning Annabeth, Bronte and Percy were sitting by the canoe lake sketching chariot designs. Bronte had her pencil in hand, adding some of her special features (aka the only cool thing about her–lightning bolts).