insane or just gaslit to the extreme?

Seeing something pretty strange happen right in front of your eyes and then everyone telling you it was imaginary, makes you feel like you're going insane

Left and right people whispered as Bronte walked past them. Her and Percy seemed to stand out more now than ever.

The two kids walked down the hallway of Yancy Academy. Percy ignored everyone's stares, while Bronte shuffled closer to her friend, feeling every eye on her. She was never the center of attention, so the new situation made her glad she was never known.

The entire campus acted as if there was this huge inside joke Percy and Bronte weren't in on. The duo would say something about Mrs. Dodds and wait for someone to start laughing, finally giving in and telling the truth, but in reality, the kids just stared at them like they were psycho.

It got to the point that they started to believe it too.

"Percy, you saw Mrs. Dodds, right?" Bronte asked, messing with the ends of her sweatshirt.

They were sitting in Percy's dorm room after hours, trying to study for their upcoming finals, but not a single word was read.

Percy sat on the edge of his bed, staring at the words on the paper, but not being able to comprehend any of it. The words scrambled across the page, and were always mixed up in different places.

The raven haired boy nodded, confused about what sprung the conversation. "Yeah, B, we've been over this. I was there. You were there. A freakish-looking version of Mrs. Dodds was there."

Bronte sighed. There was a tingle that ran through her body as she heard the nickname.

What the hell was going on with her?

She was sitting on the floor, her back leaning on the bed across from Percy. A textbook laid in her lap, but she didn't even look down at it. She knew that it would take hours for her to even read the first sentence, and didn't have the mental strength to try. "I know, but, what if we're wrong. What if–"

"B," Percy said, throwing the textbook on the bed next to him. There it was again. He bent down next to her and grabbed Bronte's face in his hands. Percy made sure she was looking at him, but when they locked eyes, all he saw was a girl on the verge of a breakdown. "Mrs. Dodds was real. We are not crazy."

Bronte nodded and looked down. A tear fell down her face, but she wiped it away quickly before Percy saw it. He did see it, but didn't say anything. Percy knew how closed off Bronte was, but also knew that he was too. If she didn't push him, then he wouldn't push her.