concrete jungle wet dream tomatoes

Whoever said it was a good idea to go back to school instead of being a year-rounder at camp was stupid

Oh, wait.

Bronte groaned, flopping down on her bed and staring at the ceiling.

She had just finished another boring day at school, meaning that now she would sit in her room until her mother got home from work.

Maria had started to become more apparent in Bronte's life, which she was very glad about, but maybe Maria was in her life a little too much...

She was always asking her daughter about her friends and wanting to know about everything she had missed. Bronte happily told her whatever she wanted, but the questions just kept on coming.

The blonde stared at her fan, watching it whirl around at a constant speed. If she looked at it long enough, she could see each blade move in a circle.

She was bored out of her mind, wanting to do something.

Bronte didn't have many (any) friends at school, meaning she couldn't ask them to hang out. She usually would draw in her new sketchbook, trying to remember all of her old doodles.

That had gotten tiring, though. Her hand would cramp since all she did was write at school. And she didn't want them to look sloppy, so she put a cap on drawing overall.

Bronte sat up in her bed, the blood rushing to her head. She paused for a second, letting it return to its normal flow.

She hopped out of bed and dug through her closet, pulling out a pair of shoes she hadn't touched since last summer.

The blue converse were still dirty from her quest, especially from the gravel in the Underworld, but she still cherished them. They were one of the last things her brother had given her. A gift from him.

She sighed, looking at them. The memories were not something she liked to remember, but they were part of her life, so she should try to make the most out of it.

Bronte pulled the shoes on, making sure to tie them tight. She then clicked them together twice, watching as she grew an inch from the skates that appeared underneath the normal shoe.

When Mikey first told her how the special shoes worked, she laughed and told him that she felt like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz.

The memory felt like it was so long ago, and it kind of was. It was now early spring, meaning that she first went to camp ten months ago.