Prologue: lights...camera...action!

orphic (adj.)

~mysterious and entrancing; beyond ordinary understanding

====

"It's ridiculous!" Jimmy exclaims, throwing his hands in the air and glaring at the elf that sat opposite next to him. "Our friends aren't idiots, they'll find out that we're faking it immediately!"

"They'll only find out we're faking it if you let them know we're faking it," Scott counters with a bored expression Jimmy wants to wipe off his face. "And really, Codfather, you're lucky to be pretending to date me." he adds with a dramatic flourish, a mischievous grin on his face as he leans back his seat.

"I think I would prefer anything else." he grumbles.

"Alright," the elf shrugs nonchalantly, "Enjoy the war that's inevitably going to come then."

Jimmy rubs his temples with his forefinger, he certainly wasn't expecting this when Scott had called him over to Rivendell to discuss "trade". If he had known he'd have an entire conversation, he would've stayed home.

It's not that he particularly hates Scott. He doesn't. But he doesn't particularly like him either. There's... something about the elf that confuses him. How Scott seems so cold but all Jimmy can think of about him is warmth. How Scott lives in the snow-capped peaks but all Jimmy could picture him in is in a little flower valley. With vibrant green eyes instead of the icy blue ones that are looking at him right now. With a string of flowers weaved through his cyan hair rather than the heavy crown of gold he insists on wearing. It was confusing. Scary. Jimmy doesn't know how to feel about it.

It doesn't help that Scott does have a point, which really only makes his headache worse right now. When Xornoth was defeated, he took the tentative peace among some Empires with them. Still, faking a relationship feels like overkill, then again it's Scott we're talking about here. Overkill is a given.

"Fine," he concedes, shooting Scott a glare. "I'll be your 'boyfriend' or whatever."

Scott abruptly stands up, somehow graceful as ever. "Great!" he replies with a clap. "I'll send you the details later. For now, it's getting late, you should go before mobs start spawning."

"I still don't know how I'm supposed to pretend to be in love with you," Jimmy sneers, frowning in disgust.

"Darling, I think you should worry more about not actually falling in love with me," Scott smirks, sending Jimmy a wink.

Well, he's certainly regretting everything right now.