The Wall That Divided The World

October 1961

The Berlin Wall

Requested by @PatheticSinner

The German jumped awake. The church bells had woken him up. The desk light was still shining it's yellow light on his letters he had been writing, he must have fallen asleep.

The worst part was, is that while he was sleeping, the pen he had used leaked a huge ink puddle on the paper.

Frustrated, BRD sighed and shoved them away.

It was midnight. He had to leave the house as soon as possible, or he was going to be late.

Getting up to his feet, he quietly left the room.

But before he left he had to check on his little city state. Walking into the room, he saw him curled up in his blankets.

Germany's heart twisted.

He remembered the courtroom well that day.

He had lost the war, the gunshot to his head was wrapped up in cloth.

He still couldn't believe that they hadn't just killed him then and there.

"We're not going to kill you, if you let us split you up, so each of us can supervise you." Germany hadn't said anything the entire time. He had reverted his gaze on his hands, staring at them.

"We take Berlin." USSR had quickly tried to claim his capital.

"And why's that?" USA had jumped up.

"Sit back down." UK gave him a warning side glance.

"Why do you get the rights for the capitol? If USA hadn't given you all the military engines Germany would have murdered you by now." France said, playing with a pen in his one hand.

"Then let's split it too." USSR said.

Germany's heart stopped. Suddenly he found himself jump up.

"No! I give you no permission to touch my state!" His voice thundered through the room, leaving the others silent for a couple of seconds.

Berlins dull eyes reverted to him. They had been that way since he had witnessed Germany's attempted suicide.

He was screaming back then. Begging him to wake up.

Now he seemed to have no emotions at all anymore.

"Germany, you have no choice. You lost the war and there's a price to pay." USSR deep voice rasped, a clear warning.

Germany turned to Berlin. He had a lot of shot wounds, bruises, gashes and lacerations covered his body. He wouldn't survive being split up. The rest of Germanys states huddled around him, looking just as miserable as the rest.

"Do with me whatever you want. Just don't touch him." Germany said, feeling ashamed of himself. He never begged someone like that. He felt so degraded.