Rats and Cats

What if the reader was a Cannibal?

Requested by @TheRPGWitchSimp

DISCLAIMER: DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH.

THE CHAPTER CONTAINS GORE.

The cold was unbearable.

How long had she even been standing here? Hours? Or just a couple of minutes? It was impossible to tell.

It was so dark that she couldn't see a thing.

The only thing she felt, was the stone floor beneath her feet, that stole all of the warmth they had.

She knew this floor all to well. It was the floor of the torture chambers. The same texture and rocks.

This all just has to be a trick to get me to move.

Who knew what lurked above her head or around her neck. What if she was about to step on needles? Or fall into a pit of rats?

The last option isn't possible. Rats are audible. No rats here.

The distraction from the iron spikes that could be about to puncture her neck calmed her a little.

Think about rats. Don't think about the needles or the spikes, definitely don't think about the forks or the whip.

Rats. They're... cute in some way, right?

Not really. There wasn't that many until the colonizers brought them.

But that doesn't matter. Where there's rats there's cats.

Cats are nice. I like cats. Even though The Spanish Inquisitor brought them.

The woman started to calm down. This always worked for her.

That's right. Positive thoughts only.

Suddenly the crack of a whip echoed sharply in the hollow stone walls.

Her heart quickened. She began to shake unwillingly. The picture of a cat she had made in her head disappeared.

Don't let him get to you. Breathe in and out. Positive thoughts only...

Another loud crack echoed, even closer than the first one.

He can't steal your positive thoughts. Don't let him take your positive thoughts.

The third whip was to her feet. She could feel the air from the force of the impact.

Don't give him the satisfaction. Don't give up.

But it was helpless. She pressed her eyes together and shook. Tears started flowing down her cheeks.

Then it hit her. It slashed her entire back. She immediately felt how blood poured down her back in streams.

She let out a pain filled cry and felt how she lost her balance and fell to the front.