Seax

What if Skáney would've walked in on USSR and (Your Name)?

Requested by @Dimitri1889

You heard footsteps leaving the room.

Your heart sank, USA had left you here to face this all alone.

"USSR, please. Please stop." You begged.

But he ignored you completely.

"HELP!" You yelled in your panic, forgetting USSR's warnings.

"Закрой твой рот." He hissed, but you wouldn't.

"HELP! PLEASE, ANYONE!" You continued to yell at the top of your lungs.

|~~~~~~|

Skáney put his book down. He kept hearing your hollowed out voice faintly from one of the rooms.

You sounded distressed, and were probably screaming at the top of your lungs.

He leaned back for a second and closed his eyes, relishing the wind that came flowing in through the window, softly messing with his hair.

Then he adjusted his belt, by making sure the short sword he carried on it wouldn't stab his leg.

He found it beautiful, the bony surface shimmering white, except for the places that were smeared with dry blood.

The mesmerizing seax.

Getting up, he walked across the room, giving his best not to step on one of your books. Your rage would be amusing, but he didn't want to risk being disliked by you.

He smiled. Never before had he cared about anyone's opinion, except for yours.

And he felt fine with that.

He listened to his footsteps that slightly echoed in the large hall. Also filled with bookshelves, but they were only sparsely filled. Or maybe, more organized than jumbled up, which made them look more empty.

You seemed to really love books. Something he didn't really care for. He never really thought about them, but he had to admit they were pretty cool.

Putting in words on pieces of paper. It was some kind of... immortality. Because the person's thoughts live in those words. And as long as the words still remain, the person won't ever be fully dead, even when their heart has stopped a long time ago. Just like handmade art, which he loved a lot.

Lost in his thoughts, suddenly your voice filled his mind again. It was muffled now, and twice as angry. He could barely make it out, but he was able to hear what room it came from.

He hesitantly put his hand on the doorknob and tried to hear what was going on.

His heart stopped for a second after he picked up a second muffled voice aggressively talking to you.

Were you in real trouble?

He twisted the doorknob.

Nothing, the door was locked.

But the aggressive voice went quiet, before shouting something at the door.

He could hear your voice too, exclaiming something that he couldn't understand either, but sounded relieved... and scared.

Skáney stopped for a moment, going through the options he had right now, then threw his whole body weight against the door, breaking it down. It landed on the floor with a thump.