► quelle réunion

*re-edited*

Marie giggled and slapped Eloise's arm lightly as she made another joke. The maids took their shawls as they entered the Bridgerton threshold. Marie quickly fanned herself, the early British summertime warming the air. 

"Right, Marie, come to the drawing-room!" Eloise laughed, ascending the stairs swiftly. Instead of rushing up, Marie took her time up the stairs to enjoy the pleasant view of the house. It was delicately accessorised, with flowers and paintings filling places that could only be designed by someone with an eye for the interior. 

"Well, well, well, look who it is," Colin smiled as he put down his thin book, noticing Eloise and her company. "Lovely to see you in a not-so-formal setting," He smiled gently and bowed his head. Marie curtsied in return, nodding to Eloise who offered tea. "You are quiet the object of desire this season, I hear, Your Royal Highness," Colin raised his eyebrows, snorting when Marie rolled her eyes. "Oh please, call me Marie. And I would like to think not."

She thanked Eloise sipping on the steaming cup of Indian tea that the Bridgerton sister had handed to her. The drawing room was coated in sunlight, a mixture of patterned setees and rugs littering the floor.  

"Colin, where did you put my art kit this time? If it is in the kitchen again, I swear to-" Benedict laughed as he walked in with a smile shimmering on his face. The grin dropped as he noticed Marie, his eyes turning cold. "What is she doing here?" Benedict asked, pointing in Marie's direction. "It is rude to point," Eloise retorted, ignored by both of her brothers. 

"Eloise invited her, surely you don't have a problem with a Princess in our house," Colin questioned, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Of course not, Brother," Benedict sneered at him, glaring at Marie. Marie let a small smile play on her lips, sipping on her tea. 

"Colin, Benedict, do any of you know why our sister is attracted to such an irritating man? Our university days were ones I would like to have forgotten. Daphne could do a lot better than the Duke of Hastin-" Anthony cut himself off as he noticed their guest. He cleared his throat and bowed at Marie. "I'm sorry, I did not know we had a guest," Anthony stated. Colin snorted into his tea, spilling some on his trousers. 

"It is quite alright. Simon is a handful, I would know since I grew up with him," Marie chuckled. Her eyes slid to the two children at the doorway, clearly intrigued to have a visitor. "Gregory, Hyacinth, leave us be," Anthony called, the two children running off at the sound of being caught. 

"What a reunion," Marie stifled a laugh. "Indeed," Benedict bit, poking his tongue at the inside of his cheek in a temper. "Astonishing we've all arrived at the same time." Eloise rolled her eyes at her brother's attitude. 

"It seems that I have long overstayed my welcome," Marie announced, swallowing when she noticed the tension. It was upsetting that Benedict caused such a division, as she was a big fan of Colin, Daphne and Eloise. "But we just got here-" Eloise began but Marie cut her off. 

"I have a painting to finish," She nodded, ensuring that it was no problem. "Benedict here paints as well," Colin smirked as he gestured to his brother who was staring at him. "Yes. I do," He stared at his younger brother, answering bluntly. 

"Goodbye," Marie smiled at them awkwardly, curtseying and then left without another word. She skipped lightly down the stairs and sent a maid for her coat. She heard snippets of the conversation which echoed about in the room she had just exited. 

"That was royalty, Benedict. Go and apologise. Not to mention she is a friend of ours," Colin huffed. "Oh please, she has the title but not the mannerisms of anybody royal," Benedict answered. "She seemed very much Princess-like to me," Eloise added, once more ignored by her brothers. "Colin is right, it would seem best if we weren't on bad terms with a foreign royal who is under the care of Queen Charlotte herself," Anthony added with a sharp, fatherly tone.