► lettre

"Get up," Daphne ordered, stripping the room of darkness as she violently opened the curtains near Marie's bed. "Ugh," Marie groaned, hiding under her pillow. Daphne and Yasmin yanked the duvet off the bed, pulling Marie's squirming body into the bath which was made for her. Marie asked for privacy, Yasmin nodding and leaving, shutting the door behind her. Daphne sat with her back to Marie, reading the newspaper of the day. "So, here's the plan," Daphne said, crossing her legs and fiddling with the curls which lay loose from the up-do she wore. "We're going through Bea's things and then you and I are going to promenade around the gardens. You need some fresh air. Then Benedict would like to take you out somewhere so I will get you ready for that," Daphne decided, Marie sighing as she watched steam radiate off the water she soaked in. "Fine," She said, moving her head in circular motions, her neck cracking and relieving tension. 

Once Marie had washed herself and had a lot of water to hydrate her headache away, she dressed herself in the dress she had ordered for Bea when Bea complained of the rash on the back of her legs. "If we're doing this I would like to honour her, like you suggested last night," Marie decided as she glanced at Daphne's raised eyebrows. She straightened the fabric, sitting on a wooden chair as Yasmin created a pretty hairstyle with her skilled hands. 

► Marie's hair

► Marie's hair

► Marie's/Bea's dress

Marie sighed as she sat down on a small seat, looking up at Daphne as she hesitated. Daphne nodded in encouragement, looking expectantly towards the box which Marie picked up ungracefully and landed it in her lap. She stared at the small wooden box and took a deep breath before opening its lid. 

Inside were few items. There was a simple silver chain, matted with time, and on the end was a pendant only the size of a thumb. A ruby lay on the end of the pendant and it glimmered like no other jewel Marie had seen before. Marie was taken aback that Bea had come into possession of such a valuable item, however the 'to my only daughter ' on the back signified that it was an heirloom of Bea's that was inherited or gifted. "That is gorgeous," Daphne stated, Marie nodding in agreement. She held it gently in her hands, turning it softly in the light to admire the gemstone. "Wow," She whispered, her breath leaving her lungs. The necklace was beyond describable and Marie always wondered why Bea hadn't of sold it. She could've been rich, among the best of the Ton.