Chapter 3

"Yeh lijiye ho gayi dastakhat, ab yeh zameen aapki"...said Trilochan signing the documents and giving to his friend Zamindar Manohar Ghosh.
After that they both had some important conversations related to their lands and accounts.

After some time, while viewing the surroundings, the lands, the fields, meeting people...
Trilochan saw a girl from a distance, helping a old man by making him sit under the Banyan tree, as he got injured while ploughing the field while  the other girl was just keep her hand on the waist and blabbering something continuously.

He couldn't hear anything but really got irritated by her behaviour.
He again smiled looking at the girl helping others and saw that old man blessing her.

He thought, "Yeh ladki ekdum thik rahegi hamare ghar ki bahu banne ke liye, dusro ki madad kar rhi hai, dikhti bhi bohot sundar hai...acche ghar ki lagti hai....."aur sanskaarrr"!? his religious mind reminded him.
He answered to himself,"woh to hoga hi, akhir LADKI jo hai". "Aur hamare ghar aayegi toh puri tarah...gaaye aur sanskari ban jaayegi... bas ab iske parivar se milna hoga"...then called a man passing by...
"Zara suniye", he called... the man turned and asked, "arre Trilochan Malik aap yaha, kahiye kya hua?"

Trilochan asked,"woh jo waha uss aadmi ki madad kar rhi hai, uss ladki ke parivar ka pata bata sakte hai?"
Then the man told her name and about her family, address later Trilochan left to meet them.

Flashback

A priest entered the RC haveli; joining his hands and called,"Trilochan babu"
Trilochan stood up and too joined his hands and welcomed the priest and asked him to sit.

Priest continued..." Toh Trilochan babu, aapne kucch dino pahle apne bhatije Anirudh babu ki kundali di thi hume, jaanch ne ke liye, unke vivaah ke liye... humne dekhi aur pata chala ki, Anirudh  babu ka vivah kisi Zamindar ya Vyavsaayi ki beti se toh nhi hoga, itna hum sau pratishat keh sakte hai".

He then had some talk related for upcoming auspicious days so that he can do pooja's and then the priest left.

Trilochan was disappointed though, as he had thought that his daughter in law would be from a respected house of High Status. He will grandly arrange the wedding that everyone remember's it.
But all his wishes went in vain, he then said to himself, "hum Anirudh ka vivaah kisi acche ghar ki ladki se zaroor karvayenge".

Flashback ends

Some days later

Anirudh Roy Chowdhury, reached the port of Kolkata, India he got down the ship with his luggage... he had tears of Happiness in his eyes, he immediately wiped them and bent down, taking blessings from the soil of his country and said to himself, "akhirkaar, aa gaya mein wapis apne desh...

He was interrupted by a man who asked, "kaha jana hai aapko maalik, kahiye hum aapko wahi pohcha denge"..."Tulsipur" he answered.
The man took all his luggage and kept in his carriage and asked him to sit in the carriage and then they left for Tulsipur.

In Devpuri,

"Bonditaaa" called her friend from distance, Bondita saw her and again continued her work of dusting the ground and asked, "kya hua Bela?"

"Kya hua!?" asked Bela dramatically while coming towards her and continued, "tujhe nhi pata, agle hafte Durga Pooja Mahotsav hai? Kitni sari taiyaariyan karni hai, mithaiyaan banani hai, nritya taiyaar karna hai aur sabse badi baat, tujhe hi toh Dugga maa ki aarti gaani hai","bhul gayi kya?"

Listening the last sentence, Bondita's eye widened and she said smacking her own head... " Ohh Dugga maa, main toh bhul hi gayi, iss saal toh har gaaon se bade Zamindar aayenge iss utsav mein aur mujhe toh puri aarti bhi nhi aati" and then glanced at Bela with a frown on her face.

She continued... "Sab gondogol kar diya, pahle nhi bata sakti thi!? Agar mujhe aarti hi nhi aaygi toh naak nhi kat jaayegi kya hamare gaaon ki" and then she kept the broom aside, held Bela's hand and left for other preparations.