Chapter 7

"Anirudh babu" Saurabh called him who was smiling foolishly being in his own world. He stood up and asked stammering " kya hua Saurabh?"...."yeh toh humme pucch na chahiye" Som came from nowhere and interrupted in between, he looked in the direction where Bondita ran and then smirked looking at Anirudh.
He asked "kisse ghur rhe the dada??"
Anirudh widened his eyes as he got alert... that now his younger brother is not going to leave the chance of teasing him.
Anirudh lied, " kissi ko bhi toh nhi!!"
and continued..." main tumhari tarah thodi hu Som ki jaha ladkiyan dikhi, wahi ankh- micholi shuru kardu!?"
and gave him a forced smile then left.
Som had a frown on his face, Saurabh went giggling.

.......... .......... ..........

" Mera haath chhodo" yelled a girl but the man said " arre itni mehnat- mashaqqat karne ke baad mili ho woh bhi itne dino baad, kyu chhodu tumhara haath!?" looking in her eyes.
After 1 min silence the man continued
" Kitne din ho gaye hai, chal ab wapas ghar chal Naina.." "Nahi" she yelled again... " Main nhi aa sakti tumhare saath!!" tears were flowing through her eyes as his hold on her wrist was so tight
By Naina's reply Abhay's anger reached its peak, because when ever he comes to take her home she denies..... and now he was about to slap her, but...
Bondita held his hand, she was looking at him with rage. She came here after the aarti was finished and was going to her house, when she heard some noise at the river side, she went near and saw from behind the tree that her best friend Naina was going to be slapped by her husband... without wasting any second she ran to them and held his hand.

Bondita said " Sharm nhi aati, Durga Pooja ke chalte ek Durga maa swarup ladki par uthane jaa rhe the tum

Bondita said " Sharm nhi aati, Durga Pooja ke chalte ek Durga maa swarup ladki par uthane jaa rhe the tum... Badtameez aadmi!!"
" Aye ladki,, humara maamla hai yeh....beech mein mat bolo!!
Yeh meri patni hai"he said
Bondita said in the same tone pointing finger at him " tumhari patni se pehle wo meri saheli hai"
" Aur tum usse patni keh rhe ho, agar usse patni maante toh uss par haath nhi uthate aur uspar uthne wale har haath ko rokte samjhe...!!!
Abhay stood mum looking downwards by her words he remembered his father's last lines before he died...
"Kabhi kisi aurat ko nicha mat dikhana aur na haath uthana, yaad rakho iss sansaar ko banane wali ek aurat hai..."
He left Naina's hand which was all red.
Bondita held Naina's hand and started leaving but when she turned she saw Anirudh there standing astounded.

Anirudh was also passing by the river side when he saw Bondita and Abhay quarreling. He never saw a fierce girl like her fighting with men, he was really amazed.
Bondita saw him, but left not meeting her eyes with his.
Anirudh walked forward and then saw there Abhay weeping silently burying his head in between his knees. He knelt down and kept his hand on his shoulder
Abhay then looked up at him with wet eyes.

.......... .......... ..........

Bondita continued while walking with Naina, anger visible in her voice " baar baar kyu lene aaja ta hai woh tujhe, tere baba ne kaha nhi kya usse tujhse door rehne ke liye!? Bol? Naina said in low voice " kaha hai".
Bondita stopped in her track, turned towards Naina and said " phir?? tu usse mana kyu nhi karti?
Naina said in bold voice, still crying
" Kyuki main pyaar karti hu unse, aur woh mujhse!" Bondita said being confused... " Tu pagal ho gyi hai Naina, agar woh tujhse pyaar karta toh haath..." her words were cutt off "Nahi! Unhone pehle kabhi mujhpe haath nhi uthaya hai" she shouted, Bondita too shouted because she was worried about her future with him " toh aaj kyu??
Kyu tujhe apna ghar khud chhodkar aana pada!?"
Naina stood silent.