Chapter 1

Third Person POV

Ten year old Lorelai galloped in the field of tall grass. All alone. Nothing bothered her but her ill mother that occupied the back of her mind. 

Rafe was out with Danny playing with a plane. Danny was Rafe's best mate. Rafe did not like when he didn't have Danny's full attention. But Rafe never liked sharing his little sister. Though Rafe was 4 years older than Lorelai and Danny was two years older she did not care. As long as they acknowledged her. 

Lorelai didn't talk to Danny much since Rafe didn't like it but the girl was only 10. Nothing but pure innocence. Danny enjoyed his small conversations with the girl. Even if Rafe didn't allow it. 

The brother had a lot of love for Lorelai and comforted her when needed but she always kept to herself. She never really spoke much. Maybe because there wasn't much to say. 

However, the girl was sure of one thing and that was that she had a small crush on Danny Walker.

Lorelai POV

I wondered into the house as I just came in from running around the field on our property. I decided to check on mother and see how she is going. 

She is my best friend. Those are hard to find out here. My Mother was always sick but this time it's serious. I sat with Mother for a while. She did most of the talking but I always chipped in. Her room was always gloomy and dark. I never liked the vibe.

 I glanced over to her and said goodnight but received no response. 

A state of panic set in.

 I didn't know wether to run for help or stay with my mother. I was conflicted. After a moment I made the decision to ask for help. It didn't matter who, all I cared about was helping my sick mother. I felt all the warmth leave my body as soon as I reached for the door nob. 

Searching the house for a single soul never seemed so challenging until now. When the moment really counted. 

After what felt like 2 hours of searching I saw Rafe out the front on our porch. Should I trouble him and perhaps let him see our mother dead in the comfort of her bed or keep searching for my father. 

But I didn't have an option. Before I knew it Rafe ran to me, repeating the same phrase over and over again.

"Whats wrong Rory?" He seemed so worried and frightened. When I gave him no response he started to shake by shoulders with his hands to grasp my attention.

I felt numb and had a blank stare that wore on my face. It was like he could read my mind because he was already inside the house travelling up the stairs. 

Authors note

sorry that its been a while. i kind of forgot about this story but i have decided to edit and finish this story :)

please vote and comment