chapter 7

(3 years before the attack)

6 and 1/2 years later...

Lorelai POV

Being 17 is hard. Especially when all you have in this world is one person. Grace. She helped me throughout these past years. Whether it be helping my wounds, holding me while I cry or sneaking out of the school to go to parties. 

Sneaking out always ended up bad for us. Either one of us would vomit or we would get caught because the other girls would snitch.

I haven't heard from Rafe in a couple years but I try not to fret over it. 

School is horrible. It seems as if the longer I'm here the worse it gets. The more violent it gets. But it's nothing I cant handle. 

Im heading into my final years of being in this hell hole which means that for the newcomers I'm someone they look up to and turn to. Like an older sister. Because the teachers have some very interesting methods to their teaching it seems that every night I get a visit from little girls asking if I can patch them up. I am quite handy in that department.

Grace says that I would be handy in a hospital. She believes that she will become a nurse and a very good one at that. 

"When we leave this place let's go to the nearest hospital and demand a job" I laughed at Grace. she always demands the best. 

"Have you still not heard from your idiot brother or your father?" she asks. I shake my head. Grace scoffs in response. I think to defend them. But how can I defend people when I have no legs to stand on. 

"Rafe is probably married and looking after a wife right now. He's most definitely got too much on his plate." I attempt to justify his disappearance.

Little did I know he was busy. But not with what I thought he was busy with.