Chapter 4

2 months after the passing

Lorelai's POV

Miserable. A word that describes most things in my life. 

Danny approached me whilst I sat on top of a hill in tall grass. He plopped himself next to me and stared ahead. His brown locks and brown eyes always made me associate him with hot chocolate. Mainly because mother would always make it when he came over. 

It was a warm memory. The only one I really had with the boy. Rafe pretty much forbids us to talk to each other. I am not sure why but Rafe would have told Danny the real reason as to why he doesn't like us interacting. But finally the boy speaks.

"I heard you were going away soon." He turned to look at me. I was already looking at him but now i'm just confused.

"What on earth do you mean?" Either he's gone mad or Rafe is trying to make a fool out of me. Which I most certainly do on appreciate in the slightest.

"Oh um, don't worry. I don't know why I said that." He covers himself. But it seemed odd. What could he mean? I'm going away soon?

"oh well, I haven't heard anything." As I sat there I began to wonder. He came all this way to say that and then back out.

He really is a strange boy after all.

1 hour later

Back at home I felt a shift in the energy. Father appeared from behind the living room wall. As I approached close I could see Rafe crying. What the hell is going on today?

"Pack your stuff, I'm dropping you off at the train station. You're going to a school to be taught how to behave like a woman." My father spoke with happiness.

"Dad! Why are you doing this? We already spoke about what you would do." What does Rafe mean by already discussed what would happen?

At this point i'm confused. About multiple things but at least I have an answer as to why Danny was behaving like that on the hill earlier.

I never expected for my own father to send me away to a foreign place. I truely am hurt.