7

Chapter 7- Stonewall Prep
Natalie

"Hey Nat" Jughead called me from downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled back as I closed my laptop, making Oliver yawn. I left and went downstairs just as Jughead closed his bag. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and Betty to check out Stonewall?" Jughead asked.

"You mean the new school your joining?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Well yeah" Jughead nodded.

"Is it really that hard to stay in just one school?" I asked sarcastically.

"Funny" Jughead sighed.

"But fine. I'll third wheel" I nodded. Jughead smiled and then we went to meet up with Betty to head to Stonewall Prep.

Once arriving I took in the castle like school and we walked in, students in uniform caught my eye and I sighed.

"Damn, this is some dollar store Hogwarts" I scoffed.

"Hey!" Someone called over to us. "Are you Forsythe?" I glanced at the guy walking towards us.

"Yeah" Jughead nodded.

"Brett Weston Wallis" Brett introduced himself as he shook Jughead's hand. "Mr Chipping asked me to roll out the red carpet"

"You can just call me Jughead" Jughead informed him with a side smile.

"I prefer Forsythe" Brett nodded. "Whose your friends?"

"This" Jughead started, nodding to Betty.

"Betty Cooper" Betty answered, shaking his hand.

"Cute. Very Sweet Valley High" Brett laughed. "And you?" He turned to me.

"Natalie. Natalie Jones" I answered, also shaking his hand.

"Oh" Brett gasped. "Your-"

"We're twins" Jughead nodded, snaking his arm around me. "I'm older"

"So he keeps reminding me" I mumbled.

"Cute" Brett teased. "Ok. Let me give you some stats"

And so the tour began.

"Our faculty holds 132 masters degrees and 28 doctoral degrees" Brett started. "Which sounds impressive, but the truth is most of our teachers are hopelessly out of touch. Except for Mr Chipping, he's cool. And I'm not just saying that because he's coming right behind me"

I glanced at the man approaching us.

"Mr Chipping, how's it hanging?" Brett asked him.

"Brett, don't let me interrupt you, but I wanted to invite Jughead to sit in a salon with us" Mr Chipping said as he glanced from us to Brett.

"If I'm not mistaken, we're focusing on Moby-Dick tomorrow" Brett said.

"Oh great. That's one of my favourites" Jughead informed them.

"See you tomorrow, Mr Jones" Mr Chipping said before walking away.

"Definitely" Jughead agreed.

"Betty, Natalie, you can come, too. Bet you've got a lot to say about Moby-Dick" Brett offered.

"No" Betty shook her head, glancing to me.

"No. No, I don't" I sighed.

"And I think we've gotten our fill of this place already, so..." Betty sighed.