8

Chapter 8- College Applications
Natalie

The following day I joined my dad, Betty and Jughead to help move Jughead into his dorm. Jellybean came along to but I knew she was trying not to cry as she carried boxes into the dorm room.

"Don't worry JB" I whispered as I snaked my arm around. "You've still got me"

"I'm gonna miss him" JB sighed.

"Natalie!" Brett called as he walked over to us. "Whose this?" He glanced at JB.

"JB" Jellybean introduced herself. "I'm Natalie's sister"

"Ah. So your also Forsythes" Brett nodded.

"Correct" I smiled. "We're helping him move into his dorm"

"I'm glad he accepted the offer to come here" Brett smirked. "He's gonna like it here" Brett walked away and Jellybean looked at me.

"I don't trust him" She whispered.

"I don't either" I whispered back.

A big part of senior year was applying for colleges. You couldn't just apply for Ivy League ones but also smaller ones and I hadn't even planned on any colleges. I walked into the art room and the art teacher, Miss Parker, smiled at me as she closed my art sketchbook.

"Natalie" She greeted.

"You wanted to see me?" I questioned.

"I did" She nodded. "The Art Apartment of Yale was interested in looking for students for next year"

"So? What does that have to do with me?" I asked, leaning against a desk.

"I wanted to send in some of your pieces" Miss Parker laughed.

"To Yale?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"Yes" She nodded. "Your super talented"

"Thank you" I chuckled, taking the compliment.

"I'll send a few, and I'll get them to email you" She nodded.

"Thanks" I said before leaving.

________

"I'm looking at around 40 grand to pay for the renovations that the gym needs" Archie told the group as we all sat together in the student lounge. I was sat on Sweet Peas lap as we snuggled on an armchair, his fingers running through my hair as we listened on the conversation.

"I hate to say it again" Veronica started. "But I could just lend you the money"

"No, Ronnie" Archie refused. "I don't wanna take any more handouts. I wanna work for it. I just need to figure out what that work can be"

"We could host a charity concert" Kevin suggested as he stood behind the chair Archie was sat in.

"We could have a bake sale" Betty piped in as she was sat beside Veronica.

"You'd have to sell a lot of cupcakes" Munroe sighed.

"Now, hold on" Veronica spoke. "I think B's on to something. Not a bake sale, per se, but... looking at you five strapping young men, there's another classical way to raise money"

"Car wash!" I cheered.

"No way" Sweet Pea scoffed.

"Five gorgeous guys, washing cars shirtless" Veronica smirked. Reggie glanced back at Archie and Sweet Pea huffed annoyed.

"Please Pea" I pleaded. "You'd look hot washing cars"

"Gosh!" Sweet Pea groaned. "Why you got to be so hard to say no to!?"