12

Chapter 12- Thanksgiving
Natalie

For Thanksgiving, me and Sweet Pea decided to join Archie at his community centre and help host the Thanksgiving dinner he was hosting. Veronica was helping to set it up along with Mrs Andrews.

"Feast your eyes on this, guys, a true Thanksgiving cornucopia" Veronica said as she showed me, Archie and Munroe all the food she had brought for the meal.

"Woah" I gasped as I looked around at everything.

"What?" Archie gasped as well. "Ronnie, how? Where did you get all of this?" Archie was lost for words as him and Munroe looked around in amazement.

"This is awesome, V" I complimented.

"I put in a to-go order at the country club" Veronica answered Archie. "And thank you" She smiled at me. "Daddy gave me the idea. I figured this could supplement whatever you and yours are cooking for the kids"

Munroe burst out in a laugh as he picked up a large can of oil.

"Red, tell me this doesn't mean you are deep-frying a Thanksgiving turkey" Munroe asked him with a grin.

"Yes, I am" Archie nodded. "It's tradition. My Dad would do one every year"

"Cute" I smiled at him.

"Best damn turkey I ever tasted" Dad said as he stood above us.

"You should come by tomorrow, Mr Jones" Archie offered.

"Actually, Archie, that's what we need to talk about" Dad said as he started to walk over to us.

"What's the problem, Dad?" I questioned.

"I hate to do this, but I'm under orders. To shut you down" Dad said.

"What? Orders from who?" Archie asked in confusion.

"Let me guess, the mayor?" Veronica asked. Dad nodded and I sighed as Archie scoffed and Veronica rolled her eyes in disbelief.

"You've got to be kidding me. He can't do this" Archie mumbled.

"Yeah, he can" Dad corrected. "He's mayor now, he can do anything. And technically, the attack on Dodger's an open investigation, so this is still an active crime scene. Plus, Hiram said with the ice storm coming-"

"He's doing this to punish me" Veronica spoke over my Dad. "To get me to spend the holiday with him"

"Can we push back?" I asked.

"I did" Dad nodded. "For a couple of hours" Dad started to back away, walking back to the stairs. "Look...I'm not supposed to say this, but I know what I would do if I was in your place. Screw him"

"Yeah" Archie nodded in agreement. "I'm sorry, but Hiram Lodge is not cancelling Thanksgiving"

"Good man" Dad pointed at Archie with a smile. "You're doing your Dad proud"

________

As the day of Thanksgiving came round I was excited to spend it with Sweet Pea. I was getting ready in my room, slipping on my Serpent Jacket when I felt tight arms wrap around my waist. I smiled as Sweet Pea pressed a soft kiss on my neck.