9

Chapter 9- Halloween
Natalie

[Mature Content Warning]

Time was flying by in Riverdale and now it was October. I was so excited for Halloween but my excitement dropped when the video tapes arrived. Hours and hours of continues filming of the outside of our houses. As I stood behind Jughead, my stomach ached as I stared at the tv.

"Whats is this?" Alice asked as she looked at the tv. The thought of being watched made me nervous.

"Fast-forward" Charles said.

"It's literally six hours..." Betty sighed. "Of our house"

"Why would somebody do this?" Alice asked. "Film it and then leave the evidence at the front doorstep?"

"To unsettle you" Charles suggested.

"It's working" I whispered, crossing my arms.

"To let you know you're being watched" Charles continued.

"Yeah, but why a videotape?" Jughead questioned. "Why something so anachronistic?"

"Maybe it's just a prank" Dad suggested

"It's a stupid one if it is" I mumbled. Dad put his hand on my shoulder and he gave me a small reassuring smile.

"If it was" Jughead spoke. "It was an elaborate one"

More tapes were sent around Riverdale setting everyone on edge. Even Sweet Pea had received one of his humble trailer and he as well felt put off by these tapes and as Halloween wheeled around the paranoid feeling of being watched grew.

"Hey Betty" Dad spoke. "Is Jug still coming home for Halloween?"

"Yeah, that's the plan, Mr Jones" Betty nodded. "We're going to hand out candy and watch scary movies"

"Oh!" Alice gasped. "Why don't you invite your brother?"

"Half brother" Betty corrected quickly.

"Charles doesn't know anybody in town" Alice sighed.

"Okay. Well, why is he still in town?" Betty asked.

"He's helping me with the tapes and a couple of other cases" Dad answered.

"It's the one good thing that came out of this nightmare" Alice added. "Brought the entire family together"

"Except for Jughead, who's at Stonewall Prep" JB scoffed.

"And Polly, whose in a facility being de-programmed" Betty added.

"But you have me" I smirked, appearing beside JB. "You've always got me"

"Your the best" JB laughed, handing me her plate of untouched bacon.

"I know I am" I nodded.

________

I closed my locker during passing period, sighing as I glanced around at the students wondering the halls. The thought that one of them could be the person or people behind the tapes made me swallow my fear. But my fear engulfed me again when my eyes met the figures at the end of the hall. Two people dressed as the Black Hood and the Gargoyle King appeared, walking together. That heart aching fear came back to me as I remembered all that had happened on Prom Night.

"Hey!" Mr Honey called as he approached the figures. "You and you. I made it very clear that there will be no costumes on school property. Now, take off the masks. Come on. Hand it over. Get to class"