36. ☽

Alvara's POV:

It's been a year and 5 weeks since I've seen him. The time has passed quickly, too quickly. The last thing he said to me was not to come near him again or he would kill me. So I didn't.

He never heard another word from me. After the incident I moved to another city. It was too much for me and besides, the danger of running into him would be too big. The new city was good for me. But still I have to think about the incident, think about him. How he knelt on the floor in front of his dead father and whimpered and cried. It broke my heart to see him like that. I didn't know that my father would shoot his father.

And everything Cassian had been through. At the thought, my heart started beating faster and my head throbbed like never before.

Since Cassian, I tried not to get into a relationship. I didn't have the strength. I no longer felt like I could ever love someone the way I loved him.

Alia moved with me into an apartment and my father and mother stayed back in Italy. Me and Alia moved to New York, new life, new people, new culture.

I ran on the treadmill, sweat falling down my forehead and my breathing loud. I tried to distract myself, the only thing that could help me was to go to the gym. To work out. I was pretty proud of myself because I hadn't been this fit in a long time.

I turned off the machine and got off it, looking and observing my surroundings. What amazes me the most is that so many people here have their own lives, their own problems, own weaknesses. I happen to be that one person. The person that feels constantly feels like they have to give their best otherwise they're not good enough. I fucking hate it. I always have that feeling that I'm not good enough or that I'm too lazy. My train of thoughts were interrupted by a gaze that I felt on me, especially my body. I turned around and saw and younger guy looking at me.

Ugh. Another thing that I hate in my fucking miserable life. Men. The stare that he gives me is annoying as fuck. I stare back at him to show some dominance. Our eyes locked and a smirks spreads across his face. He eyes me up and down like I'm a fucking retard. "Do you have a fucking problem or why are you looking at me?" To say that I was pissed was an understatement. I was fuming. His grin went even bigger. "You've got some energy. I like it." Now it was my turn to eye him from head to toe. "And? The fuck do you want?"

He came closer and crossed his arms over his chest. His hair was dirty blonde and his eyes brown. "I saw you and I knew that I wanted to talk to you." was all he said. "And you do that by staring at me like a stalker." I crossed my arms over and glared at him. "Maybe that's my technique to talk to pretty woman like you."

THE AUDACITY

"Well too bad I don't want to talk to you. So if you could let me be and go as far as possible that would be great." I smiled at him sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and went off. Thank god.

Now I didn't have the motivation and didn't feel like working out anymore. Thanks to you asshole. I got my stuff out of my locker and got the keys to my car. I tried to open my car but it didn't work. "Ugh fucking car." I groaned. Why have an expensive car when it doesn't work.

I tried to press my key a thousand times but it didn't work. I'm really done with this day. First this fucking man talk8ng to me and now my fucking car that will not open. I took my phone out of my bag and dialled Alias number and waited till the sound of hers ringing began. After a couple of seconds she answered. "Hello?" She sounded out of breath.

"Alia, my car is not working can you come to the gym?" I whimpered. "Um, I kind of, you know, busy." "What do you fucking mean by you're busy?" I asked annoyed. What could be more important to her than me? "Baby, who's this?" I heard a different voice through my phone. "Oh my god Alia. Are you fucking Someone right now?" I gasped. "Wha- No, why... why would you think that?" She's the worst liar I've ever seen. "Ok Alia, I'll hang up." I laughed at her and hung up. Hm. Ok what now?

Alvarado think. There must be something you can do? Our apartment is 20 minutes from here so I would never walk that long. And going to the subway is never a option to me so walking is it then. I put my headphones on and listened to the song Memories by David Guetta, so that I would walk with a good Mood. I hope that here lover boy is going to be finished when I come. Wait what did I think? No men can last 20 minutes. So that shouldn't be a problem. Just as I was about to began to walk a hand in my shoulder stopped me. My first thought was that it was someone who wants to kill me. I turned his arm and held it behind his back. I couldn't see his face. "Ouch ouch ouch." I looked at the scary men and saw that it was the same guy from the gym.

I let go and sighed. "What the fuck?" He looked at me with wide eyes. "You what the fuck? I should fucking say that! You scared me to death. What the fuck do you want?" I was tired and wanted to go home. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him. Yes I have to admit that he was attractive but I was just not in the mood. "I'm sorry, I heard that your car isn't working so I wanted to help you and drive you home." He smiled at me. And in one second I really thought that he was genuine but then that feeling faded away. "Pff of course I'm coming with a stranger so that he could drive me home, and before he does that he would probably rape and kill me. But sure why not?" I asked sarcastically. "Wha- Ok wait I'm not going to kill or rape you! I jus wanted to ask. But whatever."

He was really suspicious but I didn't want to walk, ugh.

Should I go with him and face my death or walk 20 minutes alone through New York City?

I think I'm going with the safest option.

"I'm coming with you." he smiled at me. "But," I held my finger in his face. "If you even try something I will break every bone in your body, don't underestimate me." I looked at him. He looked a little bit disturbed but shook his head and went to his car. He had a Audi it was pretty but mine was prettier. I would come tomorrow with Alia and call a service. I got into his car and he put on some music. "How old are you?" I asked him because he acted younger. "23, Is it alright if I ask you about your age?" He asked. "Do I look this old?" I asked jokingly. "What, no no, that was not what I meant-" I laughed at him. "I'm joking, relax pretty boy. I'm 25. Pretty old."

"I like woman that are older than me." He adverted his gaze from the road and look at me smirking. I rolled my eyes and focused on the road. I have to admit that the drive to my apartment was pretty relaxing and comfortable. He didn't make a dumb comment. He was actually very respectful. We got to my apartment and I turned around to look at him. "Thank you, for the ride." "No worries." I smiled at him and was about to head off but he stopped me by beginning to speak. "Um do you maybe want to give me your phone number so that I could text you when our first date will be?"

I take everything back about not making dumb comments. I smirked at him. "You'll never stop, will you?"
"Nope, sadly not."

I rolled my eyes and took his phone. I typed my number in his phone and looked back to him. "Here."
"Thank you very much." He grinned like a child. "See you around." I said walking away. "Bye pretty lady." I scoffed and laughed it off.