Prologue - our silent wails echoing behind frosted glass

──────────────✧❁✧─────────────

A/N: So I finally managed to finish a couple of chapters to post the prologue!

I hope you guys will like it and don't forget to vote and comment .

CW: mention of deaths, gun violence, blood, drug usage, rough sex (spanking, pulling hair, biting), praise kink, degrading kink.

It was a sunny Sunday in the beginning of May. The first real spring day of the year if you asked the Londoners. Summer was close, you could feel it lingering in the air. It was warm enough to finally ditch the many layers of clothing before heading out to the streets. The time had come when finally being able take a seat in an outdoor seating, sip on a latte while letting the sun give you that longed, sun kissed skin.

London was glowing that day.

But a townhouse in the neighborhood of Knightsbridge seemed quite dull and cold, despite the street was lined up with identical houses. No clouds as far as the eye could reach, but it still felt like thick and grey clouds of darkness surrounded it from above for those inside. The joyful and shining atmosphere from outside hadn't reach that little spot.

The townhouse used to be joyful and full of life, but that Sunday didn't had any of that. For Arabella, it felt instead like the time had stopped, drained from the emotions plaguing her. Curtains were withdrawn as if not to let any sort of lights in. If it weren't to be welcomed. It hadn't been since two days ago when the remaining residences in the house got a call that turned their life into a misery within seconds, especially for one. No longer would Arabella Abbot be able to see their faces in real life, hear their laughs echoing in the hallway or feel their embracing hugs after visiting them in her childhood home.

Not her parents.

All because of a car ride in the middle of the night when her parents were heading home from her apartment. She hadn't even been inside of it since that day, couldn't stand the feeling of being more alone than she already was, or to face the realization more. To be reminded of the place where she saw them for the last time. She didn't even remembered how she got to her parents house after the call. All that she could remember was how she bursted the door open and leaped towards the only thing she'd had left to call family. The next thing she knew of was that she was embraced into two warm arms of a woman while tears streamed down on her cheeks, soaking the woman's nightgown.

Rose was her savior that day. If it weren't for her, Arabella didn't knew if she would've been able experience the day after. The family's housekeeper was more than just a staff member in their eyes. They considered her as a member of the family ever since Arabella was a little girl. So it would stay.