3. A galaxy in his eyes, an universe in his mind

──────────────✧❁✧─────────────

CW: mention of deaths, guns. Author's note at the end of the chapter.

James drove through the heavy morning traffic in the streets of London in a rented black car. Fingers tapped along to low blues music from the morning station radio. William sat beside while talking on the phone in his thick Russian accent. The conversation was about business, money and something much darker normal people were never going to have their reasons to mention in their normal lives.

William ended the call with a heavy sigh. James could tell he was stressed. He already was before they even took their private jet to fly over to London. He shouldn't be though. If not all of the NCA agents were executed right on place in the Russian hideout, their unconscious bodies just a pile of meat in their eyes...

They wouldn't stop to hunt them down if it so were across oceans. Which was exactly what they did.

Though he bet that his boss was as confused and furious as him, they were always several steps ahead of the cops. Never in the ratio of even getting a smell of the Russians just like it's been for years. Still it felt like they were slowly pulled backwards this time. How or even who could be the reason of that was something they needed to have an extra eye open for. A mole within the family was something they would never expect, but name one life that always went smoothly without any rocky turns. They needed to work with more caution next time, and that time would happen within a couple of hours. Not only did they come to London to see if Denise let her daughter know about who her uncle could possibly really be, if they were to late to prevent Denise from sharing any suspicious thoughts, their visit involved something much bigger.

" Pierce? " James lifted a brow as he stopped the car at a red light.

" Yes. We'll have a meeting with Vision in a few days about the new shipments with just the three of us, so we'll stay here for longer that expected. He also wants to keep the meeting more private since we don't know yet who we really can trust apparently. "

James hit the gas when the light turned green.
" So he still trust us after all that? "

William nodded. " Yes, which we handled pretty well if you ask me. I would really question how many brain cells that British man had left if he decided to turn his heel against us...no tea and biscuit for you ever again then sir. "

James agreed with a nod, pulling out his sunglasses from the inside of his suit jacket and putting them on.

" I think it's pretty clear that Denise kept the information about you unknown to her daughter.  Arabella is as easy to read as an open book. Also because she didn't shoot you first thing when seeing us. "