2. So much more was said in the unsaid

──────────────✧❁✧─────────────CW: guns, mention of deaths

CW: guns, mention of deaths.

It didn't rained the day when two coffins were lifted down into two dark holes in the solid ground. Like she'd expected it to do. The earth to mourn with her. To feel the weathers emotion hit her by cold drops soaking her already tear covered face. She'd seen it in movies. It always rained on funerals.

She wanted it to be just like in the movies.

The sun gazed instead on her skin. It was way hotter than yesterdays spring day. It felt like summer already had arrived. The fabric of her long sleeved, black dress didn't make it any easier to not complain about the weather. She surely should had gone with a shorter one instead of one that reached down to her ankles. She couldn't tell if it was sweat or tears that dripped down on her neck.

She tried to shake that all away, thinking about that she for once felt beautiful ever since that tragic day. Rose had helped her out in the morning. She'd straightened her hair and put it up into a low bun. Rose own words, to show more of her beautiful face. Her lids sparkled from the golden eyeshadow and Rose even let her borrow a pair of her black vintage pumps. It wasn't Arabella's style at all, but it went well with her dress.

Arabella was brought back from her thoughts when she felt a hand grabbing hers along with the priest prayers. Lifting her head, she was met with a warm smile from her dearest friend Nat. She wore a similar dress as her but shorter. A much wise choice due to the weather. Her blonde her was loosely curled and her red lips stood out from the otherwise dark mass of black dressed people. Steve was on the other side of her friend, stroking her back and kissing the top of her head. Arabella wanted to smile for them, but couldn't. They were so happy together. Steve got the courage a couple of years to finally ask Nat out on a first date, with a little persuasive from Arabella, and the first date turned into more before they put a label on their relationship.

" I'm here for you, always. " Nat assured her by squeezing her hand gently.

Arabella didn't answer. She was to afraid that she would break even more than she already felt like. The coffins in front hit the bottom of the holes and the priest said his last words to the mourners in front.

After the funeral, Arabella was met with hugs and words from the other grievers about how sorry they were from her loss. She could feel the sympathy, but the words felt hollow at the same time. Though the guests were the only ones that had some type of previous relationship with her parents, she could count on one hand how many times she and her parents had met them. So to be honest, they still felt like strangers.

Steve was the last one to give her a hug after Nat. Their hugs meant something to her at least. He squeezed her tightly and gave a soft kiss to her forehead.