Introduction & warnings.

Arabella Abbot loved London

Arabella Abbot loved London. According to her the happiest and most beautiful place to live in. Especially when Arabella was living her dream, being her own boss in one of the city's most popular, little cozy coffee shop. Serving the best coffee along with some of the most delicate and homemade pastries, the citizens adored her place.

And her of course. To be honest, her friends would even describe her as a walking ray of sunshine, but when she suddenly lost both of her parents in a car accident...

Misery became her middle name.

After their deaths, she inherited their lovely house in the wealthy neighborhood of Knightsbridge. Her uncle who she hadn't seen since she was a little girl showed up on the funeral day, with his bodyguard for some obscure reason. He just worked as a doctor, wasn't he? So why did he really need a bodyguard, especially someone like James Barnes, with how dark and intimidating he looked. He had a look that could snap someone in half in seconds. What kind of people was James protecting her uncle from?

And why did her uncle decided to come and visit only after when her parents were no longer in the picture?

That's when she slowly started to found out about the true reason for their visit.
It was way more darker than she could ever imagined, at least on her uncle's side.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

James grew up in New York, his life had never been easy, not even from the very beginning when he entered the world as an innocent little boy

James grew up in New York, his life had never been easy, not even from the very beginning when he entered the world as an innocent little boy. Even when his mother laid on the hospital bed, exhausted after giving birth to their little angel, to her at least...His father managed to sneak in the only thing he cared for and would continue to ever care for. His true love, alcohol. James grew up with almost being invisible to his father, to see him threat his mother as a punching bag. He didn't even wanted a child, James was a mistake as his father would say every single minute of his awakened hours.

He didn't shred a single tear at the funeral, when the alcohol did have a good purpose for his father for once, to end his life. They were left with peace for sure, but his mother would never be the same after loosing her hearing from the bastards actions.

But the peace wasn't long termed. James was a troubled child and man. He didn't knew who he was, he only saw himself as the many degrading things his father told. He was fed with anger to the brim, not sure if his temperament was inherited from his father or his actions towards his mother, and he couldn't go through a whole day without starting a fight or get arrested.

It was almost predicted that James would fall down to the world of drugs. He started to sell and use it when he got kicked out from high school. It was how James met William. He'd seen him from the corner of his eyes through a whole evening, from where James entered a bar in New York, to where he beat up a handful of men in mere seconds.

After their handshake, William had James wrapped around a finger.

James had found a life that suited his personality, the Russian mafia was his home and family. They breathed, thought and spoke drugs. Their empire was a money maker. Nothing could make him go back to a normal life again.

But what happens when a particular girl enter his world, when he's stuck between two different worlds and lives. Which between the two who sits on his shoulders is he going to listen to? The devil, who wants James and his darkness to himself, or the angel who sees the light in the dark tunnel?

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Content warnings:

Knife kink.
BDSM:bondage, dominance, submission, spanking, masochism.
Blindfolding.
Edging.
Spanking.
Breath play.
Praise kink.
Pet names.
Murdering.
Blood.
Knives.
Guns
Violence.
Violence against women.
Alcohol usage.
Drug usage.
And last but not least, a lot of tension and mystery.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯