4. It's like putting out a fire with gasoline

──────────────✧❁✧─────────────CW: alcohol, little bit of sexual tension

CW: alcohol, little bit of sexual tension.

Arabella groaned the second the door closed. Nat chuckled as she placed down their plate and drinks before taking a seat beside her. She sliced up the burger in two pieces and took a bite of her own.

" So, have you been acting like this around him ever since you two met for the first time? " Nat asked while popping a fry into her mouth.

Arabella sipped on her drink, stopping to look at her friend with raised brows. " Like what? "

She pointed at her with a fry. " Bella, I saw you two from the kitchen window. You look like a little mouse around him but it also looks like you want to devour that man, and to be honest...that's something I wouldn't mind at all. "

" Nat don't start something here..." Arabella sighed as she placed down her cup to reach for the burger.

Nat leaned back with crossed arms. " You started something when I saw how you acted around him, just saying. I've known you for years and as your best friend, I know how you can act when you found someone attractive. "

She took a bite, making sure to take her time to answer by chewing slowly.  " He's my uncles body-"

Nat raised a hand. " Yeah you said that, and we need to have a talk about why the hell you haven't told be about your uncle who've come back from the dead, but so what?  You can't admit that you found him attractive because of that? " She shrugged.

Arabella took a deep breath. She placed down her half finished burger, picking on the fries instead. All of a sudden she wasn't hungry anymore.

She couldn't even look at her friend as she builded up the strength to put her thoughts into words. " I don't know...I mean yeah, he's good looking...fuck Nat, he's ravishing. "

Nat nodded with a smile. " Of course he is. Everyone who doesn't think that is either blind or dumb, and you my friend are obviously neither of that. "

Arabella looked up. " Just don't start a secret conversation about me and him with the twins, or Steve. Let this stay between us please? "

Nat chuckled. " As you wish babe...by the way, any plans for your birthday? "

" Um, not really. I haven't really thought about it that much. "

Nat grabbed Arabella's hand from across the table. " Honey, I know that's not the first thing that comes in mind after all the things you're going through, but we love you and we just want to help you get back on track despite how long it may take. "