Club Fair Aftermath

Ayanokouji Kiyone P.O.V.

As I watched Suzune leave, I realized I was all alone now. I wanted to do normal high school things with her for a bit longer, but it seems that she has something on her mind. 

"Oh, Ayanokouji-san. You also came."

A thoughtful voice called out. It was Sudou. My classmates, Ike and Yamauchi were with him

"What's this, three people? Seems like you guys are getting along."

I was still a little bitter for being left alone. It wasn't Suzune's fault, it was an unexpected situation after all. Nonetheless, I couldn't help but be jealous of Sudou and the others having fun. Not wanting to be alone, I called out to Sudou.

"Are you thinking of joining a club?"

"Yeah. I've been playing basketball since elementary school. I think I'll continue here too."

Sudou certainly looks like he has the body for sports. Examining his build and overall demeanor, had he not said it was basketball, I would've thought he fought for a living. Having bad thoughts about him, I mentally apologize to Sudou.

Craning my body to the side, I ask the two people behind him.

"What about you, Ike-kun, Yamauchi-kun?"

"We just came because it seemed fun and exciting. I also hoped some kind of fateful encounter would happen?"

Fateful encounter? Oh, the club that he wanted to join. It's too bad, that there wasn't any clubs that deals with swimsuit appreciation. Better luck next year then.

"If you're talking about the Swimsuit Appreciation Club, there aren't any. I looked at the club representatives, none of it seemed to relate to swimsuits. Maybe you could join the swim team?"

Thinking about it, wouldn't joining the swim team just to look at girls wearing swimsuits kind of paints a negative light on your drive to participate on the club. No doubt that if the other members knew of his main intentions prior to joining the club, he'd be removed at a drop of a hat.

"W-what are you talking about, Ayanokouji-san?!"

I covered my ears due to the noise. Was Ike always this loud? Making a mental note, I promised to reduce my interaction with Ike Kanji. 

"Turn your voice down, Kanji. Can't you see that you're scaring Ayanokouji-san?"

Ike, realizing his mistake, apologized. Suddenly Sudou doesn't look so bad. Although I don't remember making any indication that I was scared. Regardless, I was thankful that Ike shut up.

"I heard you talking about it in class, so I looked out for it for you..."

"Why would you even think— Oh right, you were homeschooled. Sorry for giving you a wrong impression regarding clubs, Ayanokouji-san. We were just joking around, clubs like that probably would fly out here."

Fly out here? Does that mean clubs like that would be okay on other schools. 

The three of them talked about their opinions on the club fair. Apparently, Ike simply attended for the sole purpose of finding a girlfriend. The flow of their conversation was so random that I couldn't really follow.

"Anyway, I made a male group chat yesterday"

Ike took out his phone. 

Group chats, huh... Using their phones, they can talk to each other via messaging apps. I hope I can join too, but he said it was a male group chat. Do the girls have their own group chat? What about the class? Would it not be beneficial for the class to have a group chat.