Crashed And Comforted (Tech x Anxious Reader)

Contains: Fluff that transitions into some angst and anxiety comfort, symptons of anxiety being mentioned, a plane crash, and lots of cute little gestures of physical affection. Also maybe feels? Probably feels.)

~~~

"We are entering the atmosphere," Tech announced from where he was piloting the Marauder. You smiled from your seat next to him, taking in the overall quiet of the ship. It was just the two of you flying in it today, as the other Bad Batchers were sticking around in Cid's cantina. Besides, the trip was nothing special anyways; it was just a quick run to get some extra supplies. What made it special was that your boyfriend had invited you to join him.

You loved the others, but you and Tech never got a lot of time to yourselves, even though you were dating. Naturally a talented guy like Tech caused him to be quite busy, something you had mentioned to him earlier which had brought the most delightful beam to his face. Now you were patting your hands against your thighs as Tech idly messed with the ship's controls.

"How are you... feeling?" Tech suddenly asked, breaking the silence first and gaining your attention in the process.

"Huh? Oh, I guess I'm a little nervous," you confessed with a faint laugh. Tech gave you a quizzical look that made you smile. You elaborated, "We don't get to spend a lot of time alone together, so I guess I'm just a little excited."

"That was precisely the reason I offered you to join me," Tech remarked, his gaze going to the approaching planet the ship soared towards. "While I do enjoy the time we spend together between jobs, just the two of us being here creates greater sense of intimacy."

You smiled warmly. "I couldn't have said it better myself." Suddenly, the ship jolted and rocked, and in an instant you were gripping your seat. Wide eyed, you looked to Tech. "What was that?" you asked him.

"Just a small asteroid. It is likely nothing to worry about," he answered, though his hands had begun moving more over the controls as he leaned in closer to them. "I will do a brief maintenence scan of the ship to assess the potential damage." 

Slowly, you lessened your grip and slouched in your seat. "Oh, alright," you replied, a bit calmer at Tech's reassurance. Silence returned between the two of you as Tech focused his attention on the condition of the ship.

Finally, he spoke. "Everything looks to be in stable condition." 

You let out a breath you hadn't realized you had been holding. "Phew... Well, that's good," you mused.

Tech nodded. "Indeed."

As the ship neared the planet, you overheard the sounds of a faint rattling. "Uh Tech? Is it supposed to do that?" you asked him. He didn't answer, so you looked at him. "Tech?" you repeated before noticing his knit brows. Then a beeping sound announced itself out of nowhere, startling you.

"That is not good..." you heard Tech mumble and your eyes shot to him.

"W-What's not good?" you asked, trying to keep the panic out of your voice. Being a naturally anxious person made you more prone to being easily afraid in situations like these. However, that also was part of what made Tech so perfect for you; even his voice could soothe your fears.

Evenly, he responded, "The right thruster appears to be jammed. And there seems to be some light damage to the side of the ship." You felt your stomach drop.

"On a scale from one to ten... um, how bad is that...?" you asked him slowly, feeling your throat begin to close up.

Tech considered your question for a moment. "Perhaps a six," he answered, remaining as calm as ever to your disbelief. "We will likely not have a smooth landing, but the situation is still in control." The ship began plummeting down from out of the atmosphere as the planet's gravity took hold of it. Tech's gloved hands however remained steady on the shaking controls.