It's All In The Little Things (Tech x Reader)

A slightly shorter Tech x Reader because I'm frankly tired and don't have the energy for more than this. But I came up with this concept the other night and really liked it so... Anyways enjoy- (Pardon if it is a little bit OOC, like I said, I'm tired.)

~~~

You and Echo were settled down side by side in front of a table. Tech was piloting the ship, Wrecker was keeping an eye on Omega, and Hunter was getting some much needed rest. You gazed down at your hands, which were intertwined together as you found yourself daydreaming about what holding Tech's hand would feel like.

"It's Morse code..." Echo mused, taking you out of your imagination and causing you to look up at him. His gaze was focused on the datapad in his hands before his attention flicked to you. He then handed the device over. You took it into your hands, observing the message the Marauder had been annomously sent by a rogue signal. Sure enough, it seemed to have a sort of pattern that looked to be Morse code. You however didn't know morse code yourself, but the thought brought a smile to your face. 

"I've always wanted to learn Morse code. This would be a great time to learn," you told Echo, handing the datapad back to him.

He nodded. "My Morse is a little rusty, but I've got a book to help us out." He stood up and you watched him go. Returning moments later, Echo came over with a dusty book in his hands. "This was the book I used to learn it the first time."

You blew over the cover, then hacked and wheezed as dust flew up into your face. Echo chuckled at you, and you were glad for a moment that Crosshair wasn't there; he most certainly would have made a snarky comment about what had possessed you to think that was a good idea. Nevertheless, Echo flipped the book open and you moved closer to peer at the pages.

"Whoa, it looks kinda complex," you admitted.

"It somewhat is," Echo agreed, taking hold of the pages and flipping speedily through them, causing a rippling sound as the paper moved. "But that's why we have this." He stopped on a page, setting the book down again and pointing to the writings on the paper with his robotic limb. You leaned in to look it over, seeing as it appeared to have translations of some lines and dots into actual letters.

"Oh!" you chirped in pleased surprise. "That does make things easier!"

As Echo started decoding the beeps and pauses of the signal into dots and lines, you idly flipped through the book. Resting your cheek on your fist, your gaze skimmed the pages. Curiosity suddenly made you stop, and you looked to Echo. "Hey, mind if I try to learn some of these phrases?" you asked.

"Knock yourself out," he encouraged, looking up to meet your eyes. "I think I've got this cased anyway." You smiled gratefully, then returned your gaze to the book.

A couple hours had passed, and Echo was nearing the end of translating the message the ship had recieved. You were tapping your finger purposefully against the tabletop as you read over how to say different words in Morse. Having learned some of the basics, you now moved onto phrases. Just starting off with short sentences, you found yourself keeping yourself very occupied.

You flipped the page to meet the words 'I love you' on the page. Naturally some flutters entered your stomach and you glanced in the direction of the ship's cockpit. You could still hear Tech idly manning the ship's controls from within, so you turned your attention to the book again. 

As you began tapping out the letters on the tabletop, your eyebrows furrowed slightly. Something about the rythmic tapping was oddly familiar. You repeated the phrase in Morse again only to become even more bewildered as you recognized the pattern of sounds once more. And yet, you couldn't pinpoint where you had heard it before.