Two Technicians

So... It's been ages... 👉👈 Anyone missed me? *clears throat* Anyways, I'm back, because I once more have been dragged down the Bad Batch hole by the new season 2 trailer, haha! Forgive me if my in-characterness isn't as good as it was prior. It has been many months since I've wrote for any of these wonderful rogue clone troopers. This is honestly more of a test run to try writing for them all again.

Anywho, with that out of the way, I hope you enjoy!

~~~

"So you're a technician?" the Bad Batch leader- Hunter- asked you from where you and the Bad Batchers sat in the ship's cockpit. You had been in a bit of a scrape with the Empire, and thanks to your price of credits, you had managed to get some bounty hunters to rescue you. However, these fellows didn't seem like the typical bounty hunters to you... You couldn't put your finger on it, but something about them was... off. Not necessarily in a bad way- they had saved you, afterall- but they were just different somehow.

"What's that?" a big, bulky man asked in response to Hunter's question, rising from his seat to take a better look at you. You looked up at him, and couldn't help but gulp at his menacing stature.

"Are you serious, Wrecker?" came a rather exasperated voice from the pilot's seat. Everyone turned their heads to a slimmer man, although he was no less muscular than some of the others. He wore a unique helmet that seemed fit to work with the goggles that perched on his nose. He glanced back over his shoulder, his gaze briefly landing on you before he could give Wrecker a pointed look. "Technicians are those who specialize in technical equipment. Those who work with technology," he explained.

"I-I knew that!" Wrecker sputtered, looking a bit embarrassed. You tried to suppress a snicker. He left the room quickly after, leaving you with Hunter, the pilot, and a mysterious cyborg man. 

The cyborg man arched a brow when he caught you staring. "What? What are you looking at me like that for?" he asked you self-consciously.

You blinked. "Oh, I'm sorry. I just can't help but be fascinated. Are... those robotic pieces apart of you, or your armor?" you asked. You gasped in realization before he could respond and blurted, "Oh stars, that was rude, wasn't it? I'm so sorry!"

The man surprisingly chuckled a bit. "Eh, it's fine. I guess it's a fair curiosity to have. Yeah, the robotic parts are apart of me."

"Interesting, how do they work?" You asked, moving out of your seat and coming closer. "Do they rely on neurotransmited signals to move as you want them to? Or are there some sort of wires?" You eyed the man curiously, and he broke into a sweat under your intense gaze.

"Uh, hey, Y/N," came Hunter's voice and you looked to him again in surprise. "Maybe you could help Tech if you wanna learn more about the technology we use. I'm sure he wouldn't mind the company." He looked to the pilot- Tech- for confirmation. Tech nodded.

"Oh- Oh, okay," you agreed, standing fully and leaving the cyborg man be. You walked over to the empty co-pilot seat, and plopped down into it. Your eyes went to the dark space littered with stars ahead, then lingered on Tech- he was removing his helmet, and finally dropped to the various controls. "I've, uh..." You began, but when Tech gazed at you, you felt your words leave you. For once, your always working brain went quiet. His warm, deep eyes focused on yours. Your mouth went dry, and you parted your lips, but only to let out a shockingly flustered breath. 

"I, uh... ships... I've not..." you managed, feeling your face burn up as you tripped over your words.

You watched Tech raise a brow, out of confusion or amusement, you couldn't be sure. "You have never been on a ship before?" he offered.