Burnout (Tech x Reader)

This was one of my first Tech oneshots that I've wrote, and since I've been busy the past couple days, I'm posting it until I can get the next oneshot underway. Plus it's pretty cute, I think. Enjoy!

~~~

"There, that should do it," Tech mused under his breath as he closed up the metal panel on the ship, the contraption making a satisfying clanking sound as it shut. The clone dusted off his hands, his gaze going away from the ship's exterior to the dark night sky. The duo moons glowed in the vast void, glittering stars twinkling around it. 

"Kriff, how much time has passed?" Tech asked, flipping down his helmet's visor to get his answer. The internal clock of the device popped the time up in front of him; 2:42 AM. He sighed deeply, flipping the visor out of his face once more to rub at his eyes, dark lines having formed beneath them.

The entryway ramp of the ship unfolded before him, and Tech stepped up the metallic stairs into the ship, letting the ramp close up behind him. All was quiet onboard; no signs of Omega playing or idle chatter amongst his clone brothers. The lights were mostly out, but one of the few lights that were on still luminated a sticky note on the wall. 

Curiously, Tech approached the note, coming close enough to read it. He gently pulled it off the wall, listening to the satisfying sound it made while deattaching. He held it up into his line of sight, taking in your familiar handwriting. A smile naturally came to his features. Of course you had been the one to leave a note for him; it was the sort of small, touching gesture that was typically your handiwork.

It read: Hey Tech! I didn't know how long you were going to be busy, but I made some cookies and hid the extras in the fridge for you (they're your favorite kind)! Check the vegetable drawer, I hid them in there so they maaay smell like vegetables now. Anyways, have a good sleep, Techie Tech! :) Love: Y/N!

The clone removed his helmet, holding it under one arm and fondly sticking the note onto his chestplate with his other hand, directly over his heart. Then, he wandered over to the fridge, being met with a light blast of cool air as he pried it open. Sure enough, there were no cookies in sight, to little surprise of the nerdy clone. But as he opened the vegetable drawer, there sat a little bag of cookies just for him. He felt his heart swell with warmth, taking the cookies out to examine your handiwork. 

They seemed to be a little overmixed according to the cookies' texture, but they were his favorite indeed. Something about the thought of them being overmixed brought an image to mind of you desperately stirring the cookie batter while his brothers and Omega tried to swipe some of the cookie dough. He imagined you yelling at them whilst trying to fend off the cookie dough invaders with a big spoon, and Tech found himself chuckling softly because of it.

He made his way to the cockpit of the ship, settling down in the pilot's chair and gazing out the front windshield. He opened the bag of cookies, taking brief sweeping looks around the ship as he did, in case his late night snacking would alert the sleeping members onboard. However, nobody came, so Tech dug into the treats in delight. He had worked very hard and for quite a long span of time, and a break was just what he needed right now.

He was in the middle of taking a bite into his second cookie when his eyes were drawn to a flashing light on the ship's dashboard. He frowned, lowering the dessert from his mouth. He scooted closer to the blinking light, his fingers flying across the dashboard as he looked to see what the problem was. Sure enough, something in the dashboard was malfunctioning. Tech's eyebrows lowered, and a sigh released from his body. "Well, I cannot exactly leave this unrepaired," he told himself, setting the cookies you had made for him aside. Then he stood up, going to get his tool kit once more.