8 - What Dreams are Made of

Jennie POV

Jennie POV

Here I was, staring at my best friend like some sort of stalker. When I woke up my first thought was that I was dreaming, but I quickly remembered what happened last night before I could lean down to kiss Rosé. She was still in a deep sleep so I didn't make any effort to move from my spot. I was propped up on one elbow while Rosé was still holding my arm tightly around her waist. It almost looked like she was using it like a stuffed animal. My hand was between the two of hers and every time I moved my hand a little, her grip tightened around it. The thought of kissing her again was overpowering my common sense, but I somehow managed to control myself.

It's almost painful to be lying like this with her and I can't do a damn thing. Although I have to admit, just lying here with Rosé's back pressed up against me, was almost satisfying enough. I softly rested my head back down on the pillow and snuggled my nose into her hair while closing my eyes again.

I thought back about lying like this with Irene and how uncomfortable I felt. She was always whining about wanting to be the big spoon or that it was too warm. Actually, I was glad that Irene didn't like cuddling, because it felt more like an obligation than something I wanted to do. Sometimes I really don't understand why I asked her to be my girlfriend in the first place. She was nothing but a whining boring bitch. Maybe it was because Rosé hooked up with Suzy and I was in pure denial that I wanted to be the one who was sleeping with Rosé, that I wanted to be the reason for her smile or walking out of her room in the morning. Suzy always had this nauseating smile on her face when she stepped out of Rosé's room in the morning. Rosé usually made breakfast for her and when Rosé was out of sight, Suzy began this conversation with me that still makes my blood boil. She probably already knew how I felt about Rosé. If I think about it, she did everything to make me jealous or mad. I never told Rosé any of those things, because I didn't want to bother her with it. She knew exactly how I felt about Suzy so there was no need to emphasize that even more.

Flashback

''Good morning Jennie.'' Suzy smirked while plopping down next to me on the couch.

I simply nodded at her and returned my attention back to the TV. I'm really not in the mood for this.

''Slept well?''

''Yup.''

''Isn't Irene here?''

''Nope.''

''Awh you two had a fight?'' Suzy asked. I looked at her and she looked at me with a fake concerned look. If she tried a little harder, it would actually look real.

''No and I can't remember when I asked you to care.'' I smiled just as fake and let out a deep sigh before turning my attention back to the TV again.

''Jeez calm down.'' She huffed. ''I'm so tired, I didn't get any sleep tonight. It's all Rosé's fault though. God, that girl can move.''

My fist clenched around the remote control and I was counting to ten in my head to keep calm. I don't want to knock Suzy out for talking about Rosé like this. Who the hell does this girl think she is.