Chapter Four: Busted

"Extra, extra!" Someone announced, "Children's Crusade: Newsies Stop The World!"

The screen showed Denton entering the Restaurant, newspaper in hand, heading for Jack.

"Hey fellas," Denton grinned in excitement.  The Newsies called out their greetings back as Denton waded through the boys towards Jack stopping pausing momentarily to tell Spot, "You're in this too."

"Hey, hey," He called their attention showing off the Newspaper, "Bigtime!" he grinned before slamming it onto the table in front of Jack.

"Hey, what you got there, Jack?" the redhead questioned, eagerly.

"Hey, where's me picture, where's me picture?!" Spot yelled over the commotion, hovering over Jack's shoulder to his annoyance.

"Hey, all of them words there, they all about us?" Boots questioned, curiously.

"Hey, look at you Jack," Mush crowed, "you look like a general or something," he teased as he pointed at Jack's picture.

"Will you get your fingers off my face?" Jack slapped his hand away.

"Where does it say my name?" Spot piped up, "where's my name?"

"Well, at least he's got his priorities straight," Jay joked

"Would'ya quit thinking about yourself," Jack scolded.

"Well, you got us on the front page," David smiled, impressed.

"You got yourselves on the front page," Denton objected, "I just gotta make you stay there."

"So what?" Skittery piped up, grumpily, "you get your picture in the papes, so what's that get you, huh?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Chad objected, indignantly.

"He's right, some things are more important than fame," Cinderella scolded.

"What are you talking about, huh?" Mush scowled.

"You've been in a bad mood all day," Jack agreed, annoyed.

"I'm not in a bad mood!" Skittery objected, scowling.

"He kind of is," Audrey disagreed.

"You've been glum and dumb," Race agreed, "What's the matter with you?" he scowled, pushing his face slightly and making it hit Mush to Mush's slight annoyance, "you're in the papes, you're famous," he began, "You're famous you get anything you want!" he added.

"Well, that's one way to look at it," Aurora frowned.

"That's what's so great about New York!" he crowed to the Newsies agreement.

"I don't think that's just for new york," Audrey snorted to her mother's slight disapproval.

"A pair of new shoes with matching laces," Mush sang, longingly.

"That's kind of a low bar," Chad piped up, slightly pitying.

"Hey," Carlos scowled, "not everyone's born with a silver spoon in their mouth!"

"I permanent box at Sheepshead races," Race added.

"A porcelain tub with boiling water," Spot chimed in.

"Chad's sort of right, this is kind of sad," Lonnie frowned, "I'm not saying he's right to judge," she added at their glares, "I'm just saying it's disheartening," she explained.

"A Saturday night with the mayor's daughter!" the red head dreamed.

"Boys," Audrey scoffed, "Always thinking with their-"