Chapter 10

Jungkook and Jimin decided to crash over Taehyung's place and are now rummaging through his kitchen for some drinks and snacks, mumbling about wanting to hang out and keep themselves updated with whatever that has been going on in Taehyung's life. As if they do not see each other day and night, bumping into one another as they walk to and back from work nor do they share one group chat that is never silent.

"Seori thanked me for the oatmilk", Jungkook tears open a packet of corn chips as he plops onto the sofa. "She should be thanking you, not me"

"Does not matter", Taehyung sighs as he removes his dark green flannel, throwing it straight into the laundry bag beside the washing machine. He is about to pull his shirt off but then he stops, remembering he has two uninvited audience members sitting in his living room. "Why are you both in my house again?"

"Bonding time", Jimin stretches his legs on the couch. "What is with this oatmilk?"

"Taehyung ordered oatmilk for-"

"Jungkook", Taehyung almost yelled at him, shaking his head discreetly.

Jimin looks over his shoulder, giving Taehyung a look before turning to Jungkook, raising his eyebrows in mute query. "I see"

"As if Jimin does not know", Jungkook shrugs his shoulders, looking not guilty at all.

"Well, Taehyung even asked me to replace her light bulb-"

"Jimin- What did- Get out. Get out both of you"

Taehyung lets out a long grunt as he presses the side of his face, looking absolutely done with the conversation. He stands in the middle of the space, calming the inner turmoil threatening to burst out of him before looking up at his two friends. They are looking at him too, with a sheepish smile on both faces.

"Get out"

"I like it here", Jungkook looks away and continues eating the chips. "Oh do you know Namjoon read her papers that day"

"Papers?", Taehyung walks to the living room, suddenly curious.

"What papers?", Jimin asks.

"Something about a lecturer having to write and publish a paper every quarter or something like that. Namjoon was very impressed he could not stop talking about her- her paper I mean"

"Oh she did mention that the other day!", Jimin nods in agreement. "I saw she was working on it at the bookstore the other day"

Taehyung's eyes shift from Jungkook and Jimin repeatedly, lost and confused.

"Look at you being lost", Jimin pulls up a smirk as he leans into the couch. "Don't ask us how we know a lot about her. We talk"

"I did not ask", Taehyung scoffs lightly, crossing his arms almost too forcefully. "I do not care about that trouble"

"Trouble?", Jungkook's doe eyes turn round in confusion before they melt into a playful glint. "You have a nickname for her already?"

"How adorable", Jimin stretches a hand towards the chips in Jungkook's hand and takes out a few pieces. "Calling her 'trouble' now, I see?"

Taehyung's body tenses under his friends' scrutinizing watch, and his tongue feels like a rock as he fights the urge to snap and deny everything. He hates that everything he says seems to take a wrong turn and suddenly everything is leaning towards Seori.