Chapter 32

Seori looks up from her fridge when she hears a soft knock on her sliding door. She has left her curtains open since morning and has forgotten to draw them after coming home two hours earlier. A surprise shriek rolls out of her mouth when she sees Taehyung standing at the other side of her sliding doors, waving at her innocently as if it is perfectly normal for him to appear at her patio at eight in the evening.

"How did you get here?", she asks as she slides the door open, a gush of wind blowing through her, carrying his scent into her house.

"You need food", he replies nonchalantly, lifting the two big plastic bags in his hands. "Also, I climbed over the wooden railings - not a challenge"

She makes a dramatic surprise sound, pressing a hand to her chest. "Robbery. I should call the police"

He sighs with a smile, giving her an endearing look before leaning forward to her. "Do robbers provide delicious food and drinks to the owner of the house?"

Seori slides the door open wider as Taehyung casually walks into her house, heading straight to her kitchen, and putting the food and drinks on the dining table.

"I promised you dinner so I ordered some food for you", he turns around to catch her looking at him. "For us"

She smiles at that, still standing at the sliding door, watching him from across the space.

"Can I set the table for you?"

"Yes?", she nods, blinking to herself as she tries to register the sight of him in her house. "I mean, yes, of course"

Taehyung wastes no time unpacking all the food, pulling clean plates and glasses from her cupboard as if he knows where everything is, and arranging them nicely on the table. Seori comes to stand at one end of the table, looking amazed at the way he swiftly serves the food without asking her anything.

"I know I look irresistible serving food on the table but stop gawking at me like that", he flashes a sly grin.

"This is something I never expected to see - a grumpy farm man who speaks in frowns and annoyed scoffs, serving food on my dining table", she gestures at him and the food on the table, making a face.

Taehyung chuckles as he carefully unpacks the boxes of fried chicken, putting them all on the plates and then reaching for an opened box of something that looks like desserts.

"Let me help you", Seori reaches for a plate only to have him stop her.

"No", he clicks his tongue in disapproval. "You worked hard today"

"I can help you", she moves to the other side quickly, only to have Taehyung catch her hands and push her backward to the fridge, trapping her there.

"No, Park Seori", he looks down at her surprised face. "Let me do it for you"

She shrinks under his gaze, gulping nervously as she registers their condition - him holding her hands captive, his tall frame towering over her at the fridge. Suddenly she feels like a midget as she is sandwiched between him and her fridge, making her laugh in her head. She takes in one shaky breath and immediately catches his lavender scent - a smell so soft and musky yet it makes her head spin in the most pleasant way.

"Park Seori"

His honey voice makes her stomach dip, melting her entire self as she looks up at him.