?¿

For those readers who have returned after my break/editing period, I highly recommended that you re-read rather than going straight to the new chapters as I have changed more than I had initially planned too

Story started: 12th September 2021
Story finished:

BOOK DESCRIPTION

Elora Ayla Monroe and her best-friend, Steve Rogers were both recruited by Nick Fury during 2011 once they were discovered by Shield. Elora had spent seven years working as an avenger before she asked to be cleared in order to live a life of complete normalcy, that she knew she was never going to experience unless she gave it all up.

Only five years had passed with Elora living her tragically normal life as a bartender on a minimum wage pay before she was coerced back to the Shield headquarters, for a mission that only herself and one other person could complete.

Elora was forced to lock eyes with a ghost that she was convinced she had buried a long time ago, which had pushed many emotions and memories to the surface, and everything that Elora had ran away from was slowly coming back to engulf her whole.

It is like the pair forgot that grief never ends.

WARNING

This book could potentially contain topics which some individuals may find triggering or uncomfortable reading, such as;

- Extreme violence/crime
- Abuse (briefs mentions of sexual, physical and emotional)
- Murder
- Drugs and alcohol
- Vulgar language
- Mental health issues (suicidal thoughts, depression, self hatred)
- Smut (mentions of spit/knife/possessiveness kink, spanking, choking, hair pulling, slapping, submissiveness, public sexual acts)

There will be no warnings throughout the book.

POTENTIAL QUESTIONS

1. WHAT POWERS DOES ELORA HAVE?

Agility, strength, speed, endurance and reaction time - she underwent every single treatment and experiment that Steve underwent.

The only difference is that Elora does not have accelerated healing.

2. HOW ARE THEY ABLE TO GET DRUNK/ HURT ETC, IF THEY ARE SUPER SOLDIERS?

Throughout this book you will notice that I have changed small details like this, and it is simply to match my story line.

3. HOW OLD ARE BUCKY AND ELORA?

Elora is 27 (June 9th, 1918) and Bucky (March 10th, 1917) is 28 however technically they are 105 and 106.

4. IS BUCKY STILL THE WINTER SOLIDER?

No - Bucky is how we see the winter solider in TFATWS, he is in complete control of himself.

5. WHEN IS THIS STORY SET?

2023 in Manhattan, New York.

6. WHY DO BUCKY AND ELORA HATE EACH OTHER?

I cannot answer this question properly because I would obviously spoil the book.

Right from the start you are able to tell that there is a lot of tension between Bucky and Elora that gets played off as a sexual joke however the deeper that you get into the book, you will find out that actually, it is down to history and an overbearing amount of trauma.

7. WILL THERE BE SMUT?

Yes however it will be a slow burn x

8. WHEN DO I UPDATE?

I do not have an updating schedule because of how busy I am with work, so stick on my notifications and keep an eye out.

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

If the QR code does not work than my Spotify profile is linked to my profile

DISCLAIMER

During my time of rewriting the old published chapters, I have noticed A LOT of hate/slander towards Elora (as you knew her, Delilah) - I did state in my introduction that hate towards my OC/any of my characters and how I write them is something that I will not tolerate. Therefore i want to clear a few things up before you begin reading; Elora AND Bucky have gone through some obscene amounts of trauma which can make you act in unreasonable ways, trauma affects everyone differently.

1. I have noticed heaps of hateful comments in the old chapter 20 because of the way that my OC acts towards Sarah, my OC behaves that way (and you will notice that she will act this way towards any woman that shows interest in Bucky) because of;

- Trauma
- PTSD
- Fear
- LOVE

I am not excusing her behaviour but please be mindful whilst reading that this is a dark, emotional book - you are signing up to read this behaviour.

2. They are going to act in some unreasonable ways and do some stupid things, not only is it now a part of who they are because of their past, it also adds to the plot.

Plus love makes you do some crazy things.

3. Parts of myself (my personality, my trauma etc) are included in every single one of my characters so technically, by hating on them you are also hating on me so please prevent from doing so.

Another little thing, like I said in the potential questions section, I will be changing certain details to match my story line so any details that you see as wrong have purposely been made that way.

COPYRIGHT

I do not own any rights to the characters/story line aside from my OC and the story line that I have created, any similarities this story has to any other book is purely coincidental.

THANKS

Thank you so incredibly much for your patience over the last 9 months (as I update this, it has been over 2 years), watching the growth of what used to be RHI has been such a journey.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you with everything that I have.

Thank you for sticking by me and thank you for loving my book almost as much as I do.

All my love - Rhea <3