07

the next day*tony's house - 10:28am*

the next day
*tony's house - 10:28am*

i did feel bad that i was constantly intruding on tony and pepper's lives, inserting myself into their daily routines but i just couldn't help that they were my sanity, no matter how hard i tried.

they had been my escape place for several years now, the place that i would go to feel safe and at ease - i had just expected that by now, i would've outgrown my habit of hiding from my problems and i no longer needed a plan to hide.

eighty three years ago, i lost my entire life; my happiness, my comfort, my love, my warmth, my moon and my stars, i completely lost myself and it wasn't until i met tony stark that i started to feel again, that i started to feel somewhat normal again.

tony saved me from the absolute worst version of myself and i will forever be in debt to him for that.

"the fuck- when did you get here?" tony groaned as he stumbled into the kitchen, a silk deep red robe draped around his body.

i shrugged lazily, staring into my half empty coffee mug. "no idea, sometime after two- i think anyways."

tony rolled his eyes as he sat opposite me, running his hand across his face as he took my coffee, drinking it himself. "i knew you shouldn't have gone on that fucking date els."

"the date was fine- it was good."

should i mention that i spent half the night picturing bucky rather than being present with loki, or is that not morning coffee chat?

"so why are you here? aren't you supposed to be leaving for your mission later today?"

god i forgot about that stupid mission, why on earth do i do this shit to myself?

"i left my phone at the bar and bucky's still listed as my emergency contact so they called him- he turned up."

tony shook out his hand before me, indicating for me to continue. "okay-and?"

"loki left before bucky stormed in- bucky wouldn't leave my apartment so i did and here we are."

tony shook his head, laughing slightly. "you know that's quite sad- leaving your own apartment because you're afraid to face your own emotions."

i sighed. "yes i'm very aware- i'm a pathetic excuse of woman."

i ran my hands through my hair, resting my forehead against the countertop in an attempt to soothe the ache that was carving itself into the front of my head from the lack of sleep that i'd manage to get over the past few days.

everything was finally hitting me, everything was finally taking its toll; the stress of being roped back into the avengers was painfully frustrating, the anxiety of this mission was on a consistent high pressure overdrive and both the physical and emotional pain of bucky was captivating.