Out of Sight and Building a Home

"Shit"

The word passed through my lips without me knowing as the realization hits me like a boulder, but I didn't let these thoughts linger much longer as I watched the skeleton with bated breath as minutes pass by, but luckily it seems that the charming little pun-loving skeleton hadn't noticed. Judging by the lack of any movement and reaction if that is anything to go by, it might either be due to the distance or the fact that the wind blowing southwestward in my direction, or maybe both are preventing me from being sensed by him.

I silently observed him as he slowly left his spot behind the tree before heading towards the door. He knocked on what I think might be the door to the ruins and then he waited for a response, but it seems like all he got was silence because after a few minutes he let out a barely audible skeleton's equivalent of a sigh and left without a word. All I thought was 'Could he be trying to talk to Toriel? or is he trying to lure a human with his knocking? or does he just feel so bored that he wants to practice some knock-knock jokes but nothing comes to his skull?' because I remember reading something like that before back in my world.

I'm not sure what it might be, but I need to leave because staying here any longer would get me discovered and I don't want that right now. I turned around and left but not before spreading my senses and disappearing into the tall shadows of the forest. 'Hope I can stay here long enough without the skeleton brothers finding out about me.' I thought as a troubled sigh escaped me as I head back towards the place where I'm going to build my new home.

Tessa left not knowing she dropped a little something behind. A folded piece of paper barely visible in the snow started to glow gently as the words that were written within changed, be it the words or the language itself, they have all changed. Just as the paper stopped glowing a strong breeze passes by causing the paper to drift with it to wherever it needed to go. Its final destination is a mystery, but the wheels of fate start turning as the webs of life are spun and time is slowly ticking by with anticipation.

Tessa soon arrived at her intended destination with a critical mind and serious gaze. Her thoughts were occupied with two things: one, this world being Undertale and two would be creating house design plans that take any situation into account. Undertale is a game that either befriends monsters or kills them, she wonders how many souls have been gathered so far. Though what she is truly thinking about is what kind of people her soulmates are, and how will she be able to identify them? Are her soulmates monsters? human? or both? Her confusion is quite evident in her eyes after all... the eyes are the windows to the soul.

'OK... I need to stop thinking about love life possibilities right now, a home comes first, especially in this weather.'I thought, looking at the clearing in front of me with a mind of a person planning to create a base of operations away from prying eyes. First, the location must be considered, then after that comes the design, shape, and size of the house, consider whether I'd want some underground levels for my home, camouflage is a must if I want to stay here for a long time without getting discovered, and lastly, the materials needed to make it all possible. She needs to make the place as secure and as hidden as possible to avoid any disaster that comes her way.

"Let's check if the spatial tattoo has any stuff inside. I didn't pay much attention to whether or not it had anything inside when I was putting away those bangles earlier, and I needed to scout out the environment at the time to look for any bit of information to find hints on what sort of world I've been sent to... let's just say seeing the punny skeleton earlier is all the answers I need." I mumbled under my breath.

Now time to check what's in this spatial artifact, I let my mind focus and sink into the mark to check out its contents. Let's say that the word 'shock' could not begin to describe how I'm feeling right now. The space inside has a layout similar to a high-end warehouse with a large number of floors, storage rooms, and corridors. Every room is labeled according to its number and what it may or may not contain. Scanning around I saw a very obscure door that caught my attention, it was labeled with the sign '#0000 Past Lives Belongings and Private Properties' just above the door written in gold, I immediately stood there before the door with my hands outstretched to grasp the handle without hesitation I swung the door open with haste as excitement rushes through me like a little kid in a candy store.

Shelves upon shelves of Items neatly displayed with all of them labeled with the names and occupations of my past selves. I looked around taking everything in as a sense of nostalgia washes through my soul. After a while, my mind was brought back from memory lane as the title of a book created by a particular past life of mine caught my eye. "Materinskaya Dusha" meaning Mother Soul, one of my past lives Alyona Ekaterina is of Russian descent, from a world that revolves around the power of the soul. She discovered a very rare and special soul type that remained obscured until she one day thought of studying her own soul out of curiosity and out of boredom.

From what I remember this particular past self of mine had already had long since formed a fully grown soul after reaching adulthood. She discovered that her soul was producing blank souls or what I like to call unborn souls. The moment she made this discovery she immediately dived into research with a tunnel-like focus manner and after gaining funds and permission from all countries around the world, she and her team of close compadres set out to look around the world to check every individual's soul registered by their country or not to see if anyone else had the same soul type, the results showed two others with the same soul type after combing through the entire planet's population.

Ten years after she started her research, it was discovered that this soul type can make the soulless have a soul, whether it be a robot, a baby born dead, or anything without a soul. The blank souls look like colorless glass fetuses inside tiny floating bubbles the size of a needle hole circulating just under the surface of the mother soul. The individuals with this soul type are generally women with a particularly strong instinct for motherhood and a deep desire to have children no matter what. A mother soul has no control over the life created by their soul but they can be raised and directed in the right direction as they grow and blank souls are completely independent once they mature.

"This might be useful later on but not at the moment. Ah! Ayaka Thembeka, an interstellar military-grade secret bunker architect and engineer. Just what the doctor ordered, let's see if I can find my would-be house among these pre-made blueprints because I don't feel any inspiration to design something new right now, especially knowing I'm in a place where monsters might try to seek me out for my soul." Looking through the massive pile, one blueprint caught my eyes. "Wait, isn't this the bunker that was never built because an asteroid destroyed the planet before the construction fleet even arrive?" I said remembering the incident.

"Let's do this one then, now to scan its contents, shall we? An underground cylindrical bunker with a 40-meter radius, 24 floors with a height of 3.5 meters per floor, main walls and floors are 1.5 meters in thickness, 2 meters thick foundation, that makes it a total height of 122 meters below ground, and 7 out of 24 floors are used for agricultural purposes. A list of facilities other than the 7 agricultural floors such as 30 boudoirs with walk-in closets and personal bathrooms, 15 temporal stasis storage chambers, 12 laboratories, 12 offices, 6 clinics, 6 living areas, 5 dining areas, 3 kitchens, decontamination room, emergency room, Security room, surveillance room, hard light projection simulation training area, power reactor chambers, vapor gathering, and water purification chambers, and entertainment facilities like theaters, game room, badminton courts, indoor swimming pool, etc. occupy a single floor. Welp, that is quite a mouthful if I do say so myself." I sighed thinking 'as one would expect a military bunker designed for upper-class officers' but now I can build this baby for myself without a second thought.

Tessa smirks with glee at the thought of a super large luxury, self-sufficient, and high tech military grade underground bunker where she can spend quite a bit of time in leisure and planning for her future endeavors, which entirely depends on the circumstances of her possible soulmates might be in, of course. Her being underground she can safely assume that her possible soulmates might be monsters or possibly future humans who might fall here, but the one with the highest possibility should be the former... after all, she would have been sent just outside of the mountain if it were the latter case. So after taking the blueprints and a few other items, she left the room with a skip in her step making a list of possible materials that can resist possible disasters and possibly the attacks from beings with powers above that of boss-grade monsters.

With a clenched fist a set of words passes through her lips "No matter what the future holds, I will gladly travel every timeline to ease your pain and keep you sane, after all, what kind of soulmate would I be if don't at least do this much."