fourth day

wow, it was almost five days living in Gotham. you weren't dead. that was surprising to you. you even found a friend something to look up to. but you weren't that used to it. always being on high alert. After watching the news or YouTube videos about popular murderers. you didn't want anything bad to happen to yourself. You were doing fine from keeping low though. but anything could happen and sometimes you wouldn't be able to get saved. that was Gotham. No one cared to help. if they did they would get caught up in it now wanted to be caught up in your mess. And you learned that. maybe you liked it. maybe you wanted to be saved. you didn't know why you continue to be here. maybe cause of how you got the apartment cheap. Or you wanted to get away from your life.

you finally found a job thought. Something good in yourlife. at a little restaurant. you were going to be a waiter. you didn't like the job cause of how many things could happen. there were reports on murders in a restaurant like the one you worked at in the news. But that was Gotham you weren't surprised. it was easy cash anyways. you were going empty on the next rent. so risking your life wasn't much of a deal to you. 

You didn't get any new text messages from Edward, so you thought he was fine. you didn't worry so much. but he came to your mind sometimes.

leaving your apartment to go to your new job. you were scared but it was nothing new. you would get your uniform. starting do the basics and get the cash that's all. wasn't so bad. The only thing you worried about was getting murdered. but you mostly thought of a joke.

once you arrived. your manager told you to what to do and gave you the uniform which you changed into. It was nothing much just a shirt you had to wear and so you had some shorts on. taking a breath you started to work. you smiled and tried your best. feeling like it didn't take like 4 hours to do your hours. once you were done you changed and clock out.

walking out of the place men were waiting for you. On your first day, this was happening? you was prepared to defend yourself. the men then continued to walk up to you. saying things that you didn't want to listen to. it just disgusted you that people can be like this. they looked money hungry like they were going to steal your money. Which you of course didn't want. maybe you shouldn't have taken your stuff with you. that was number one of living in Gotham. but you didn't think this would happen on day one.

"Leave them alone"

as you were looking for a way to run away. You heard a voice and a familiar one. It was Edward? Trying to stop them. How was he going to do anything? He seemed fragile made you want to help him but you had no clue what was going to happen.

"What are you going to do," one of the men said as the other laughed. as Edward was going to do something. The men started to spread out as a man, a cop, started to yell at them. you calmed down. an actual cop stopped it. So surprising you almost lost hope. You felt bad for Edward and ran up to him.

"Are you okay?" You asked politely you genially cared for him and you wanted to make sure he was fine. He could have taken a beat if the cop didn't show up.

You didn't care when the cop asked you if you were okay you wanted to know if he was. you felt glad he was going to stick up for you. You didn't question why he was magically here. You couldn't think of any ing bad about him.

"Yes, I'm fine," he said as he looked away. And started to think," thanks for sticking up for me," you said.

"Your welcome,"

"Wanna come over?" you said. you kinda wanted to continue to talk to him maybe cook him dinner as a thank you.

"Sure," he said looking up and wanting to follow you.