17

[

[...]

The house of mirrors ride was now shut,the carnival was still going but now there was an ongoing investigation.
Lexi and clay were being questioned the others were sat close by already have taken to the police.

Jules looked over at zach still hugging maddy who was still distraught.
She was a bit jealous but maddy had just lost her bestfriend,so she didn't mind it.

"Hey" rue spoke sitting beside jules.

"Hi"

"You alright?"

"Yeah"

"First murder I've ever witnessed" rue joked.

"What?"

"I'm sorry to soon?"

"To soon" jules scoffed walking off,zachs eyes following her as she dissappeared into the crowd of people.
She just needed to be alone,and if she wasn't alone she wanted to be with zach.

He was the only one who truly got her.
Ever since Bryce's party they had hung out outside of school at least twice mostly texting each other.

The first time they hung out it was pretty awkward but the second time round they went to the cinema,meeting hannah there in the process,she just loved teasing them about it.
But it was probably the best day in Jules life,she didn't wanna lose him,he was sweet understanding and cute.
But there was just one thing holding her back,something she hadn't told him nor anyone else about.

Something she would have to admit about herself sooner or later.
She just hoped her friends would love her regardless.

Jules continued walking through the crowd,trying to find some sort of safe place to think,to breath.

And she found it behind some of the rides.
She sat down on a upside down bucket fidgeting with her fingers,she just sat thinking,wishing that she was back in her hometown it wasn't the best of places but at least there weren't any murderers.

"Justin,back off" a voice shouted from the distance.

"Just tell me,alright,tell me what you did" he ordered.

Justin and bryce appeared from around the corner,both looking pretty stressed.

"I didn't do anything" bryce laughed.

"I heard you guys,I'm not an
idiot" Justin shouted enraged.

"You were drunk though"

"So what were you doing huh?"

"We were just having fun,don't worry about it"  he smirked,Justin grabbed his shirt pulling him closer.

"You slept with her" he practically shouted.

Jules gasped seeing as the only person justin would truly be concerned about was jessica,how would he let bryce be with jessica.

Justin and bryce turned to the sudden gasp seeing jules.

"Jules" bryce smiled walking closer.

"How much of that did you hear?"

"Barely anything,I was listening to music"

"Right"

She was quick,her hand quickly slipped into her pocket grabbing an airpod she reached to her ear showing him the airpod with an awkward chuckle.

"If you did hear something,you gotta keep your mouth shut,okay?" He spoke getting closer to her.

"But I didnt hear anything"

"But if you did you don't say anything,not to jessica not to your besties hannah and lexi not even your lover boy zach"

Jules began backing up slowly.

"Cause if you tell zach anything or anyone anything,I'll tell them about your little secret,or should I say big secret"

"What?"

"Dont act stupid,I know what your keeping tucked away" he smirked.

"I-"

"Its okay,I know I've got your word" he smiled holding out his hand to her.

She shook it hesitantly,he let go walking back over to Justin shoving him away,Justin looked over his shoulder at jules one last time before walking away.

Jules sighed,she couldn't lie to jessica,something happened to her that night if it was her she'd want to know,but it's bryce.

Its Bryce.