20

"Justin,get over yourself"

It was lunch now,the basketball team and the cheerleaders were practicing,
Kat sat on the bleachers watching as jessica practiced her dance routine.

She buried her head into her laptop typing away,Jessica looked over at her knowing exactly what she was doing,she ran over sitting beside her and giving her a nudge.

"Shouldn't you be writing actual books instead of fanfics"

"Shhh" kat hissed looking around the hall.

"Keep it down"

"Okay" she sang.

"Jess,get back" cassie shouted.

"Your busy today"

"Yeah,since maddys not in and sheris dead I have to take over cheer captain"

"You spoken to maddy lately?"

"No,I texted her,she saw it what about you?"

"I went over to her house,her mom said she didn't wanna see visitors"

"I mean,she must be so lost,her best friend,her other half is dead...I always thought they would get married one day"

Kat laughed lightly.

"They were married"

"What?"

"They got fake married in 3rd grade"

"They were meant for each other"

"Right" Kat huffed.

"Jess"cassie shouted.

"Ugh,I gotta go" she smiled walking back to the group.
She continued to do the routine unenthusiasticly the rehearsal soon ended and jess walked back over to kat who passed her a water.

"Yo jess"a voice shouted from behind her.
She turned seeing bryce jogg over with a wide smile.

"You good?"

"Yeah,you?"

"Great,I was wondering if you wanted to come over after school"

"Uh,that'd be fun"

Kat looked up at the two In confusion,jess could feel the glares coming from Kat.

"Can kat come?"

"Uh,sure you can come" bryce agreed a hint of disgust peeking through.

"Anyway,your defo coming?"

"Coming where?"

Justin asked appearing behind jess grabbing her waist.

"Mine,having a little get together"

"I dont think jess can come"

"You don't?" She asked turning to him.

"No you don't,especially if all the boys are going and I'm not"

"I dont need your protection,I can do what I want"

"I'll leave you two to it,see ya" bryce spoke saluting them away.

"Your not going to bryces" he spoke sternly.

"Why not"

"Because....I dont want you too"

"Thats not even a reason,he's your bestfriend what's wrong with me hanging out with him"

"I know bryce,I know what he's like and I dont want you alone with him"

"Justin,get over yourself" she huffed.

"You're not going end of conversation" he began walking away to the team leaving her.
She turned around rolling her eyes.

"He's so infuriating"

"He's got a point,should you go to bryces,I mean the rumours"

"You of all people should know not to believe rumours" she seethed walking away leaving kat by herself.
She gulped awkwardly grabbing her bag and walking out the hall.

As she departed from the hall she bumped into zach,who had missed practice instead he was on his way out of school.
He had been calling and texting jules all day,the only way he could get in contact with her was going down to her house.
But would she answer the door.
Who knows.

He hopped into his car and drove down to her house,he got out and began to knock on the door,there was no answer.

Jules was in her living room she turned to the door at the sudden knocking but she didn't really want to talk anyone at the moment
even if it was the mailman.

"Jules?"a voice called out that she recognised as Zach dempsey.

"Shoot" she whispered.

She got up creeping to the stairs but the floorboard creeked loudly causing zach to realise someone was in the house,her dad's car wasn't at the front so it had to be jules.

"Jules I know your in there"

"I skipped school to see if your okay,I could get kicked of the basketball team for this,so please make it worth my while...and talk to me,please"

She sighed,sitting on the floor staring at the front door.

"I'm sorry,about the other day...I know there's something wrong and If you don't wanna tell me that's okay...and um" he gulped.

"I'm sorry about...the kiss"he spoke hesitantly.

"You weren't ready I know,I shouldn't have done that"

She sighed once again picking at the skin by her nail.

"Jules come on" he shouted quite upset.

"You don't wanna talk okay,but I really did like you"

Did?

Zach slowly backed away from the house,getting back into his car and driving back to school before he was considered missing.

Jules got up looking over at her phone sat on the coffee table,she bit her lip delicately,if she was jessica she'd want to know and 3 days was way to long to keep something like this a secret.

She picked up the phone,finding Jessica's Instagram and sending 6 words.

Jewel11: I need to
talk to you!!

Seen