five.

━━A PUNCH TO the boy's face certainly wasn't what seojun had expected daiyu to do.

he thought she'd just shoot insults at the guy, look down at him, the usual. he didn't expect her to get physical.

in fact, seojun didn't think daiyu had it in her to actually harm others.

he was wrong on so many levels.

but he also knew that for some odd reason, he wanted to do the same.

     ━━DAIYU WAS ENRAGED. simply because the boy's face had already gotten on her nerves, but she realized how liberating finally being able to use her fists was.

she missed this.

the feeling as her knuckles made contact with the boy's face made her want to keep going—but she didn't.

because now everybody's eyes were on her. and daiyu found she didn't quite like the attention they gave her. it wasn't like back home, where daiyu was praised for landing an expert hit on her target—not even close. she had forgotten this was not her home—nowhere close to it, in fact.

and the stares she received certainly were not good ones.

daiyu felt her chest constrict with an unknown feeling. she tried to pass it off as homesickness, but she knew deep down it was because she was utterly and completely lost with herself.

turning abruptly on her heel, daiyu walked out of the cafeteria, the tray of food she'd once been dying to eat now the last thing on her mind. rubbing her eyes vigorously, she inhaled sharply.

this feeling was one she was unused to. what would people call it? that's right, fear. what she was feeling was fear. fear of the uncertainty this country had to offer a girl like her, fear for her father who she currently missed more than anything, and fear that daiyu had fucked up.

a hand reached out to grab her shoulder, and in her state of panic daiyu didn't hesitate to swing around and sock that person in the face. that person—being seojun.

a million waves of guilt washed through her as a small gasp escaped her lips, half open and eyes wide in shock.

"oh shit, i thought—" daiyu began, but seojun put out a hand to stop her. blood was beginning to drip down his nose.

she helped him up, while seyeon and suho came up to check up on the two.

whispers filled the cafeteria. and daiyu found that for once in her life, she wished she had been an ordinary girl with an ordinary life. a girl that no one would whisper about because there would be nothing wrong with her, nothing for their eyes to scour upon and judge.

without a second thought, the two uninjured boys rushed daiyu and seojun out of the cafeteria, leaving behind the whimpering and crying boy which had incurred the wrath of daiyu.

and daiyu didn't speak for the rest of lunch.

‎ ‎

     ━━SEOJUN, FOR ONCE was not angry at daiyu. he wasn't even going to blame her for punching him square in the face. in fact, he couldn't even feel the pain anymore; well, his nose throbbed every few minutes, but it was nothing he couldn't take.

what he could feel was that chill that had run down his body as daiyu had turned to face him and he had caught a glimpse of her eyes.

she looked as though ready to kill. only when she had struck him and realized who seojun was did her eyes transition to another emotion seojun hadn't seen on her; fear.