nine.

━━ROARING CROWDS GREETED seyeon and the rest of their band. overlooking the stage were so many filled seats he couldn't count all the heads he saw.

no-time's debut was today.

seyeon could not feel his feet (in a figurative sense, of course. he was so nervous he might cry). his brown eyes scanned the crowd, looking for three specific giants who were all attached at the hip.

daiyu practically had a nervous breakdown trying to get tickets to their debut stage since everyone wanted to see no-time's acclaimed 'fantastic debut'. she'd been so happy all week that seyeon could hear her smile even through the phone (which had been their main source of communication since he'd been spending an unhealthy amount of time in the company studio going over their finalized songs) as she told him all about how she managed to snag front row seats.

jeong seyeon had never felt so important in his life until zhao daiyu walked into it. with her snarky, give-zero-shits attitude and love for sarcasm and fistfights, she'd taught seyeon that self-sacrifice wasn't as noble—or healthy—as he thought it had been, and that he needed to stand up for himself if he ever wanted to be anything more than a coward. although this too included some nagging, occasional friendly (that's what daiyu called them) punches, and head pats.

and seyeon loved her like a sister, one he wished he'd had all his life. she was the type of person seyeon could admire for her courage and strength, for her determination and supportiveness towards his own dream. in his heart, he felt he owed a lot of his newfound strength to daiyu.

she was part of the reason he was standing on stage, taking brave steps farther onto the platform as he greeted the crowd. but his eyes never stopped scanning the mass of people, hoping to find an ounce more of power within a red-haired girl and his other two stellar friends (one of which had quite literally bought them a whole recording room).

he was actually doing this. everyone had told him how silly he was for wanting to be an idol, yet there he was, being fueled by the cheers and screams of his soon-to-be fans.

"SEYEON!"

he heard the yell loud and clear, so loud over the rest that it was like all their noise had died down. there, standing near the stage, wild reddish hair framing her face, was a grinning daiyu.

"GOOD LUCK!" she called out to him, and all of a sudden seyeon felt like he could carry the world on his shoulders. he supposed that was the power of daiyu's faith in him.

he smiled gratefully at her, fixed his microphone, and got into formation with the rest of his groupmates.

he made it. this was a day he'd never forget.

‎ ‎

     ━━WITH ALL THE voice she could muster, daiyu yelled till her throat hurt and her lungs begged for air.

beside her, in a similar manner, were suho and seojun. they too were yelling as seyeon shone on stage, singing and dancing so gracefully that daiyu thought she might actually cry.

they paid no mind to the gaggle of people crowding and boxing them in, too engrossed in watching their brightest star shine onstage, his presence unlike no other.

daiyu didn't have the words to describe what she felt watching seyeon reach his all-time dream, but as she watched him beam at the world like it could do no wrong, she found herself thinking she could get used to a life like this.