worth evaluation

Y/n pov:

Finally, after weeks of waiting, I had found a serious client. Unlike the crazy lunatics asking for me to find a dragon that doesn't exist, I have a serious job: taking out a small team of dragon riders. Check that, THE small team of dragon riders. The man's name is viggo grimborn, and I'm currently flying on my sweet little d/n to meet him. Well, I wouldn't say little.

Once I landed, a menacing looking hunter lead me to this viggo person, who was inside a tent. As I walked in, with D/n poking his skull-like head through the entrance, I saw a man with a map being propped up by game board. The man had scars along his neck and face, and a jeweled sword over his back. Once he noticed me, a grin swept over his face, as he prepared to speak.

Viggo: greetings, y/n. I'm so glad that you could arrive safely. Please, have a seat.

I pulled out the chair across from him, and sat down to discuss the job. Looking at the map he had, he had marked several locations with a red x, either signaling treasure, or the lost outposts he had mentioned.

Viggo: can I offer you any refreshments? Food perhaps?

Y/n: I'd like a water. Haven't drank anything in several hours. But focusing on the task at hand, what exactly are you hiring me to accomplish?

Viggo: I see that you are very eager to get started, and I can assure you that all will be revealed. For now, all you need to know is that you will be assisting my men with their operations.

Y/n: so, I'll be helping your hunters with the attacks that you've been dealing with...how does five hundred gold sound for three months worth of protection? As long as I also get food, water and shelter. For me AND my dragon.

Viggo: those are all things that I am willing to provide, so long as you are willing to prove you are worth it. You do a simple task up front, and you may have what you ask for.

I stared at him through the thin, slanted eye holes of my helmet. Something about this doesn't seem right, but I can't exactly say no. Once I asked him what my task was, a large grin appeared on his face, as he brought out a map with the tidal class symbol marked down.

Time skip~

Long story short, viggo sent me after a submaripper, so I could capture him with a few dragon proof chains. Admittedly, not the worst thing someone's asked me to do. At least he gave me a few hunter ships, along with a man named Ryker, who is viggo's brother. Ryker doesn't seem very interesting, but I would kill to have one of his swords.

Me, Ryker and d/n were all on the flag ship, but it was still too small for my dragon. Well, maybe that's because
d/n is a titan wing typhoomerang.

Unfortunately, my relaxation was cut short by Ryker, who apparently just HAD to talk to me.

Ryker: we're approaching the submaripper's territory. How do you plan on capturing it?

Well, I guess that's important enough to talk to me.

Y/n: simple; I have no idea. Guess I'll just have to...

I raised my hand into the air, and d/n slapped it with his massive wing.

y/n: WING IT!

Ryker looked pissed off at my pun, and muttered something involving a cemetery. Once all of the ships stopped, I instructed the hunters to leave the smallest boat.

Flying on d/n, I had her pick up the boat, so we could lure the oversized fish out of hiding. Once we got into position, she dropped the bat into the water, making a large wave. After a short amount of time, he most foul odor that I have ever smelt entered my nose, followed by the empty boat to start sailing. Or at least, the submaripper wished that it was empty.

As soon as the small current turned into a massive whirlpool, I told d/n to shoot a fire tornado in the center, hurting the massive beast. Once the water calmed down, we dived into the water to make sure it couldn't escape. Going into the freezing Ocean, we saw the beast stare dagurs at us, until it started gagging, causing wood to shoot out of its mouth. You see, the boat DID have something inside, and that something was a boatload of dragon root. Not enough to kill, but certainly enough to knock him out.

Once he stopped moving, I swam over to its legs in order to attach the chains, only for the submaripper to suddenly snap at me, almost killing me right then and there. The dragon root hadn't worked, and he started to suck me into it's jaws of death.

Right before I had been sucked in however, d/n rammed into the side of its head, knocking him off balance and finally putting him to sleep. I quickly attached the chains, and returned to the surface so I wouldn't drown.

Thankfully, we had enough ships to drag the dragon from the chains. Now all that's left is to put him where viggo wants.

Time skip~

We had returned from our voyage, where viggo was awaiting our arrival at the docks. Once I told him of my success, he extended his hand outward, and I grabbed it, leading to a handshake.

Viggo: congratulations y/n, you are hired.

______________________________________

This is the first official chapter! I will be updating soon, so stay tuned.
(Why am I doing this.)