Chapter 5 - Discovery

When I woke up that morning, I could hear Rainbow and Dark moving things around in the cave.

"Hi guys."

They both stop, and Rainbow makes my body open my eyes.

"Morning, Sabre!" Rainbow says. He's holding materials.

"Morning." Dark says, also carrying extra materials around, moving them to a vacant chest. Most are in a nearby corner.

"Did you two already go out for the materials?" I ask, being puppeteered to my feet.

"You were still asleep," Rainbow explains, "And we decided to just let you sleep in."

"I could've helped you."  Dark walks over to me after putting things away and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"It's alright, bud. It's no problem, really."

"It was because of the nightmare, wasn't it?" I say. "I overheard your conversation."

Rainbow and Dark freeze in place, looking at each other slightly.

"Whaaaat, noooo..." Rainbow says. "We just... uh..."

I laugh. "You've always been a terrible liar, Rainbow."

"Hey!"

Dark gets us back on track.

"Okay, you two. Let's get these traps built quickly."

"Right." Rainbow and I both say.

We head outside. With the three of us, it didn't take that long. We had the traps up before afternoon. Looking back at our handiwork, we smile.

"I think we did a pretty good job." Dark says.

"Heck yeah, we did!" Rainbow cheers.

"Maybe we'll get to see the falling log trap nail someone in the face." I say, laughing.

"Shadow specifically?" Rainbow says, turning to me with a mischievous grin. Dark sees and starts laughing.

"Absolutely." 

"What the heck is that look?" Dark says between laughs.

"Well, excuse you, it's my scheme face." Rainbow says, jokingly acting offended.

"You look like a goblin!"

"Heyyy!"

Our laughter is interrupted when we hear something crashing through the trees a little bit away. We freeze, the Rainbow turns to us with a serious expression, fear in his eyes.

"Inside." He whispers, and we don't hesitate. We quickly yet quietly go back into the cave, being careful to make the entrance seem as natural as possible so we don't risk it standing out.

—————————————————————————————————————

[Light's POV]

As soon as Shadow and the figures leave, we ran back out of the forest. This should be impossible. I sealed that sword away in the abandoned Hub, deep underground. How is it here, and how is Shadow here? Sabre is dead, and the only way a creature like him could be alive is if the Darkness has a host. Unless... maybe, I shouldn't focus on that right now. What's important is getting this information back to the Leaders. When I'm sure we're out of earshot, I say to the Guards;

"As soon as we're out of here, we teleport back to the Citadel and inform the Leaders! Those beings were planning to attack us, we need to form a plan before it's too late!"