Chapter 12 - Comfort After Chaos

Fluff chapter to kick off Arc 2, you already knooooww :3

By the way, I've put a post in my  announcements page that I'm taking suggestions for villain names for Green Steve! Soon enough, he's not just going to be the supplier :)

If you want to join in, just type your suggestion on the post! I'll pick my favorite next week and let you guys know what it is.

—————————————————————————————————————

[Sabre's POV]

We've just gotten back to our cave after the whole 'Burning of the Kingdom' thing, and needless to say, the weight of our actions is kicking in like an angry horse breaking down a door.

Time sits down on his bed, looking reasonably nervous. Dark leans against the wall, trying to look composed, but his expression of panic betrays him. Rainbow is lost in thought after sitting down on one of the cushions in front of our cooking pot. I've sat down on my bunk, a thousand thoughts racing through my mind. Eventually, after what feels like hours of silence, Dark breaks through the piercing stillness.

"Sooo..." Dark says, anxiety in his voice. "Anyone else having an internal crisis?"

"Yes." The other three of us answer, and that gets a smile out of everyone.

"I'm already a world-known outlaw again." Dark says, putting his hands over his face. "And I just came back to life, like, a month ago."

"Me too, bud. Me too." Rainbow sighs, laying down despite the cold stone.

"I've kinda been one before, but I wasn't really conscious during it." I add, chuckling a little bit to try and ease the tension.

"I've never been one at all, so I'm clueless over here." Time says. "I've been a freaking goody-two-shoes all my life. I just went against everything I've ever known."

"Also same." Rainbow says from the floor.

"Hey, at least nobody followed us." Dark says.

"We were weaving through the forest like bunnies being chased by a fox." I say.

"Speaking of which, I dunno about you guys, but I'm tired as all heck." Time says. "We should probably just go to bed, it's late anyway. Might even calm our nerves a bit."

"Yeah, sounds like a good idea." Rainbow says, getting up from the floor.

"Ditto, all this is probably just late-night worry." I add. "We'll be a-okay in the morning, and we can have some downtime."

"Thank goodness Green is visiting again soon..." Dark says. "After all that, I feel like we seriously just need another person to talk to."

"Mood." Time says, already hidden in his blanket.

Rainbow and Dark head to the ladder so they can reach their beds, and Rainbow moves my body so I'm comfortable and ready to sleep. They reach their beds, and as always, Dark turns off the lights.

"G'night, everybody." I say.

"'Night." My friends respond.

It's not long before I drift off, pushing my fear aside. Everything's going to be fine in the morning, we're all just tired and stressed out after actually carrying out our plan... right?

—————————————————————————————————————

...