Chapter 11 - The Beginning of the End: P2

Really angsty chapter! Y'all know what that means :)

✨ d r a m a ✨

(Huge TW for this chapter, lots of mentions of things that are related to abuse)

—————————————————————————————————————

[Dark's POV]

"You know what, you're right." Sabre says through the Crystal connection, regarding the fire Shadow started."I think I have an idea on how we can use this to our advantage. Dark, you still have those arrows?"

"Yeah, why?" I ask.

"We can use the arrows to spread the fire!" Sabre exclaims.

"That's genius!" Time says. "Let's do it, we can grab them once we meet up."

Then silence. Okay, using the arrows to spread the fire sounds actually pretty cool. I think I remember using that method back when I was... nevermind. 

I'm waiting in the rafters in the second main hall, hoping the Leader I scare when they come down here is the Yellow Leader. I had no idea he was so... callous, and hateful. I guess after everyone was under the reign of Nightmare, people were just glad to have someone better than him, and didn't call him out on what he was doing. 

It's kind of hard to blame them, Nightmare did crap like experimenting on his own people and Darkness, used them like slaves, killed whoever disagreed with him, and so many things I witnessed and went through while working under him that I still have... well, nightmares about. 

Don't even really want to think about it, but my creation wasn't the only experiment he did on me. Maybe that's why I turned into what I am now...

It's no surprise that everyone would turn a blind eye to the Yellow Leader's unfavorable actions towards Sabre and other people because of this. The truth is, he only looks good because someone much worse than him used to be in power. Who knows, maybe it was obvious the Yellow Leader was a bit of a dipstick before Nightmare became Nightmare, and he was just really desperate to get him out of the seat of power. However, he just led to his own downfall of insanity...

I'm interrupted by someone yelling about the Citadel being on fire. I instantly hear footsteps rushing down the hall. I look through a window that points to another in a hall opposite to it, and bingo.

It's the Yellow Leader.

I quickly lean out of my hiding place, enough to be seen as he rushes in. It's only a second until he rushes into the hall I'm in and sees me, and when he does he freezes in place, a mix of fear and what seems like rage becoming his expression. I don't even say a thing, I just glare at him then slip away back into the shadows. I don't wait to see what he does next, I'm already rushing to the meetup point with the rest of the Vengeful. Less chance of getting spotted by Guards, and the Leader will just think he's going crazy for now. Serves him right.

When I get there, I'm the only one at that moment. We picked the meeting room so we can confront the Leaders in a kind of style, and to ruin the most important place in the Citadel with painful memories, but uh... I guess we're destroying the Citadel itself.

A few minutes later, a few Leaders have rushed in at the same time, panicking. Time climbs through the rafters to get to me, having done his part of this phase.

"How'd it go?" I ask Time, using a different Crystal connection.

"I'm pretty sure he thinks he's insane now." He answers. "I kind of went on a mini creepy monologue."