One

Four months earlier, Holly remembers being at a party and fighting with her sister because of what she did. Breaking her friend's heart because he was thinking of their future. She rolled her eyes as she walked away from the party and called her parents. "Mom, can you get me. I shouldn't have left." She said as she heard a noise. "Thank you." She hung up the phone and turned around to see a handsome guy. "Hi."

"Hello." He said.

"Um...I'm Holly."

Stefan smiled as he got in front of her. "You won't remember seeing me."

Holly blinked and heard the sound of a horn. She turned and smiled as her parents arrived. She walked over to them and got in. "What happened, Holly?"

"Matt started thinking of the future and that didn't settle right with Elena." She tells her mom as they left. "I told her that she should think of what she wants in the future, but that didn't really settle right with her."

Miranda knew there was always a difference between the twins. Holly was always thinking about the future as Elena didn't want to hear anything about it. Holly looked in front of them and screamed. "Daddy!"

Grayson dodged the oncoming vehicle and went over the Wickery bridge. Holly screamed as they hit the water. Grayson looked at his wife and then to his daughter. He watched as Miranda stopped struggling as she had already passed. Looking back he saw his daughter as she mouthed 'I love you' to him. He saw a figure coming into the water and saw a guy. He went to save him, but he shook his head looking back at Holly.

Stefan knew that the man was sacrificing himself to save his daughter. He nodded as he went to the back to see Holly. He pulled her out and swam back to the surface as Grayson Gilbert passed away knowing that his baby girl was safe and sound.
~~~
Holly woke up and sighed as she doesn't remember much from that night. Just fighting with Elena, then calling her parents, then losing them both. Elena blamed her for their deaths causing Holly to be a bit closed off causing Bonnie and Caroline to worry about her. She focused on the hobbies she used to do. Went to cheer camp hoping that will get her mind off of things. Jenna looked into the blonde's room smiling. "Holly?"

"Hey." She said as she grabbed her jacket. "Sorry I'm in a daze."

"Holly, I know you are going through a lot, but what happened to your parents wasn't your fault." She said. "Accidents happen."

"Then why must she think I did. I remember a car coming at us and the next, everything went black." She says. "She's always blamed me for things that I have nothing to do with."

"Holly, just know that Jeremy and I don't see that. Elena is just jealous because everyone is worried about you. You don't act like the same Holly."

In that time, Jeremy walked over to her and kissed her head. Holly smiled till she saw Elena. Grabbing her water, she kissed her aunt's cheek then her brother's before leaving. Elena looked at them. "What did I miss?"

"Nothing that concerns you." Jeremy says as he left.

"What did I do?"

"You blamed her for something she didn't do." Jenna stated. "When are you going to see that?"

Elena didn't say anything as she changed the subject.
~~~
At school, Caroline saw her favorite Gilbert and walked over to her. "She still blaming you."

"It's Elena, Caroline." She said as the blonde hugged her. "She'll do anything to make people hate me."

Caroline smiled till she saw someone that will capture the blonde's attention. She turned Holly around just to see him. She smiled as he walked by causing him to smile at her. "It's love at first sight." Caroline said as the two started heading for class. "I see a June wedding or July."