Hurry up and save me

"NESTA! NESTA!" Nesta cringed at Cassian's voice. The voice of anger. The voice of confusion. The voice of...worry? No! He doesn't care about her. He never has. He planned for his horse to kick Gwyn. It's all his fault. All of it is! Gwyn will never leave the hospital and Emerie will be corrupted by Cassian. It's all over. She'll lose it again. Her friends. Her freedom. Her-

She almost missed a sharp corner that would've made her crash into a brick wall. Stopping just a moment before impact, Nesta planted her feet to the ground and sighed. "That was close."

"NESTA!" Cassian cried again. He was catching up to her. Dammit. She had to run fast. She parked right and was out of the market in seconds. Just when her legs were about to give up on her, Nesta felt a strong gust of wind behind her. Because the air around her was so cold, it sent a chill up her spine. Nesta immediately wrapped her arms around herself to try and shake off the cold breeze. "Nesta!" There goes Cassian again. But he sounded close. Dangerously close.

Nesta looked up and saw a giant silhouette flying above her like a devil creeping up on her back. Nesta didn't need any light to know who it was. "Get away from me."

"Not a chance kid." Nesta stuck her tongue out and proceeded to run away. She didn't get very far however when Cassian landed exactly 2 inches in front of her. Nesta screamed out of anger but from Cassian prospective, it was more of a high pitch chihuahua but without the bark. It took everything fiber in Cassian mature body to not cover his ears at Nesta's naïve tactics. Unfortunately, he forgot that he closed his eyes as well because he felt a sharp pain in his femur bone on his right leg. The damn girl just kicked him.

"YEOW!" Cass cried putting pressure on his leg. Nesta smirked and ran past him. "See ya!" she said as Cassian growled. "Son of a-" Cassian decided not to curse in front of a child. Or behind for that matter. He shout up into the sky and trailed the small fae child into the desert. "Nesta please! Just come back!"

"No! I'm not listening to you." Nesta yelled from the ground and kept running. Cassian groaned. "Gods does this girl ever stop running!?" he said to himself. Nesta looked up her legs still running for her in the dead of night. Cassian was right on top of her. Literally. Nesta growled under her breath, sending a silent vow to the Mother above to get Cassian off her tai-

"AHHHH!" It took a moment for Nesta to realize that she was the one screaming. And that she was falling. It was a short fall but she hit the ground with a thud. Nesta groaned as she rubbed her sides in pain. "What the-" she said as she checked her surroundings. She was surrounded by a wall of sand. Weird. She didn't see any sand walls before. "Nesta!" Nesta rolled her eyes and looked up towards Cassian but something was off. He seemed more far away than usual. Like he suddenly just shrunk a few inches last them she looked up. That's when she came into another realization. Cassian wasn't the one who shrunk. She did.

Nesta was in a sink hole.

Nesta ran to the nearest wall she could find and tried to climb it, but the sand was too unstable. She slid right back down into the hole. Nesta tried again, and the same thing happened. Again. And again. And again.

Cassian yawned as Nesta limitless attempts to get out of the hole and sat down on the edge. "You can always ask for help you know. You don't have to do everything yourself." Nesta ignored the giant Illryian watching over and continued to try and climb out of the hole. Cassian didn't say anything further. Just continued to watched the small fae child. Small she may be but a fire was burning in her soul. The kind of fire that would burned an entire army to the ground. A kind of fire that would crush a living soul with only a thought. Not just any fire. A silver flame.

Cassian adored that about Nesta. Out of all 3 of the diablos, Cassian admired Nesta the best. He may have taught Emerie how to fly, and Gwyn may have a knack for picking locks, but Nesta was their leader. And she kept them all save. But in the end, who was going to save her. Someone had to. She may be a leader to the other diablos but no matter how much she wanted to change it, she was still a child. A child who needs saving.

Leaping off of the ledge and into the hole, Cassian landed swiftly on the ground and leaned onto the sand wall. Nesta fell right back into the hole the moment Cassian landed into the hole. Nesta growled and stood up, getting ready to try again. "That's the 15th time Nesta." Nesta flinched and turned around to face a smudge looking Illryian. Nesta glared at the giant man. "You brute! It's all our fault! It hadn't been for you-"

"No Nesta! This is on you." He was done with their games. Their lies. Their horrible yet amazing acting. But he was also tired of Nesta. The girl had down everything she could to help Emerie and Gwyn, but she will never stop being a smudge little bitch if she didn't get her act together. The hard way was the only way to let her learn.

And Cassian knew how to fight fire with fire. "You let your friends out there! Emerie is worried about you! Gwyn is worried about you! Everyone is worried about you!"

"Stop it! I'm their leader! You don't get to tell me how they feel!"

"Leaders don't leave their teammates in the dust. For all we know Emerie could've been capture and Gwyn wouldn't be coming out of that clinic anytime soon!" Nesta opened her mouth but settled for a growl instead. Cassian laughed but it was humorless. "Don't gimme that look. You're just love to blame everyone else because you're too afraid to blame yourself. You're not a leader Nesta. You're just a coward."

That's when Cassian realized that he struck too hard.

Before he knew it, Cassian felt a strong force of energy rushing towards him. It was hot and it was also messing with his vision. That's when he realized that the energy was coming from Nesta. Nesta was creating a barrier around herself. More importantly, a barrier of silver flames. Nesta glared at him, her flames growing stronger. "You think I wanted to leave them!? That I set them up just so I could leave them alone!? Gwyn was going to leave first! Maybe not on purpose, but if she was going to die, she would be with my mother!"

Nesta stopped herself. Her mother! She just told him about her mother. The flames dissipated and all that was left was a confused Cassian and a few burnt spots. Nesta shook her head violently and turned away from him. "No no no! Not again! Not again!" she shouted as she looked up and tried to climb up the sink hole again. This time, Cassian approached and gently grasped her shoulder. Nesta froze and slowly turned to the Illryian ready to see his face dreaded with anger and hatred. Instead she was met with only sorrow.

And before she could stop herself, Nesta's eyes began to water as she shot her head to the sky and wailed.